How do I know how many calories I burn doing certain exercis

Options
Hi All,

I workout regularly usin the EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii. On my "off" nights I sometimes use the Wii Gold's Gym Dance Workout. But I'm ready to throw something else into the mix - anything - just to change things up. Problem is, unless it's a Wii program TELLING me how many calories I burned, I have no idea how many calories I burn doing anything! I'dl ike to do Wii Boxing or Tennis, but I have no idea how many calories I burn doing it! Also, I'm learning that someone who is heavier or lighter than me will NOT burn the same amount of calories doing the SAME exercise for the SAME amount of time. How do I compensate for that?

Thanks for your help!
:) Lisa

Replies

• Mike523
    Mike523 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need a heart rate monitor. Wear it while you exercise and it tracks your heart rate and calculates how many calories you've burned. Great tool... It also compensates for your age, weight, gender, etc. Polar is a popular brand. I recently bought a Polar FT7 and I like it very much.
  • outersoul
    Options
    Sounds like you need a heart rate monitor. Wear it while you exercise and it tracks your heart rate and calculates how many calories you've burned. Great tool... Polar is a popular brand. I recently bought a Polar FT7 and I like it very much.

+1 for the Polar FT7. I just bought mine and I love it. It's about the middle of the road pricewise, $109. The lower models don't all have replaceable batteries, ones that you can replace. The FT7 does.
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    In the exorcise dB there are entries for Wii boxing and tennis
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Lisa, there is a website that breaks down calories burned with the different Wii Fit modules. It may give you the answers you're looking for. Here's a link:

http://www.wiihealthy.com/2007/05/23/wii-sports-weight-loss-program/
  • Lisamarie7574
    Lisamarie7574 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all of your replies, guys!

Wow, I had NO idea that the Polar heart monitor was even that expensive!! I'll have to think about that one - in the meantime, I'll check out the database for the Wii stuff and I"ll check out that link. Thanks so much again!!

:) Lisa