question about calories burned

mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
so i've been doing p90x the past couple of months and i've noticed here as i'm at the end of if that i seem to be burning more calories than before is this normal? I always thought that as you lost weight the calorie burn would decrease somewhat, i do know that muscle burns more calories than fat and i've definatly gained muscle and lost fat but on a couple of days it seems i've doubled the burn that i use to have. Does that seem right?

Replies

• momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    maybe you are metabolizing better now.
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    I think it is because you are getting fitter and are able to push your body harder than before. Probably taking less breaks inbetween sets, doing more reps, etc. Also muscle burns calories so if you gained muscle mass you're burning more just sitting in one spot so that may account for the increase aswell.
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    I think it is because you are getting fitter and are able to push your body harder than before. Probably taking less breaks inbetween sets, doing more reps, etc. Also muscle burns calories so if you gained muscle mass you're burning more just sitting in one spot so that may account for the increase aswell.
    yep thats it, thats what has happened with me. I have the energy and strength to bring it more so I burn the same or more
  • janiedoe111
    janiedoe111 Posts: 161 Member
    You could also be burning more because you are better physically able to move your body around.
This discussion has been closed.