Broccoli, sun-dried tomato, and dijon pasta with chicken

Options
rachelily
rachelily Posts: 12 Member
Hey everyone! I whipped this up for dinner tonight using a few ingredients around the house and was surprised how tasty it was so I thought I'd share!

1 boneless skinless chicken breast, frozen
1 cup frozen fresh broccoli cuts
1.5 T Grey Poupon dijon mustard
1.5 T sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup Kraft shredded parmesan, romano and asiago
2 oz elbow macaroni noodles, dry

In a pot, boil lightly salted water and add your pasta. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes, drain, set aside (keep 1/4 cup pasta water).

At the same time, in a large pan, cook your chicken a couple minutes on each side on medium heat til surface-cooked, then break up with a spoon into smaller pieces. Add your frozen broccoli and dijon and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir to coat and until broccoli and chicken cooked through. Add pasta water, cook a little further for a minute or two to let flavors marry. Add pasta and stir well to coat, a few minutes. Add cheese and stir until incorporated.

Serves 2.

Per serving:
Calories: 335
Carbs: 27
Fat: 14
Protein: 25

The dijon is the trick - a serving is 1 tsp, but at only 5 calories (and no fats or carbs) you can feel a little better about using more. Plus, it really packs a LOT of flavor! Enjoy!

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    bump... that sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing.
  • teracallaway1
    teracallaway1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    thx sounds yummy
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    that actually sounds real good.. and I am actually printing your recipe to make for my husband and I
  • rachelily
    rachelily Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ahh that's awesome!! I hope you like it! Feel free to tweak anything - more or less dijon, etc. :)
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I signed in here to find something to make for supper tonight. I think this will do the trick! :-) I'll probably add a couple more veggies, though. Haha.
  • kandy80cat
    Options
    sounds alot better than my boring chicken strifry that ive had for about 8 days running
  • kandy80cat
    Options
    sounds alot better than my boring chicken strifry that ive had for about 8 days running
  • sbusch21
    Options
    bump
  • bballangie45
    Options
    Bump. That sounds really good!
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tamilami
    Options
    I made this last night - Sauteed the chicken breast with garlic and scallion until brown. I added a can of cream of chicken and a can of chicken broth, dijon, sun dried tomatoes, and brocolli - let the chicken simmer in the juice until done and served over bow tie pasta. It was delicious and even my picky one ate it. Thanks for the recipe!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm making this tonight, with canned tomatoes instead of sun-dried because that's what I have. Can't wait!
  • chantalicious
    Options
    I made this last night and it was AMAZING! The Djon killed it!!! Thank you so much!
  • tuliplor
    tuliplor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This sounds great!! I can't wait to try it!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Yum!! Thanks for posting! :flowerforyou:
  • barbhuddleston
    Options
    that sounds yummy! thanks for posting!!
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    bumping. This sounds awesome. I'll have to try it sometime.
  • ellenbb401
    Options
    I make a similar dish....I use the sun dried tomatoes in a jar, they're packed in olive oil. I toss some of the oil from the jar with the pasta, chicken and broccoli. Then I add the cheese. Also, it's great with whole wheat pasta! Next time, I'll add the mustard....that sounds great!
  • clarkgirl83
    Options
    Bump!
  • findingfreedom
    Options
    bumping for later. yummm!