Pull-ups/dips/and other bodyweight exercises

thedreamhazer
thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey -- Just wanted to get a place for people to throw out some great strength-building bodyweight exercises that they've had the best results with. I love weights, but sometimes you're in a position where you just need to use what you've naturally got.

Personally, I love dips and pull-ups, although, admittedly, I have to do pull-ups with a slight assist still. I just started adding these exercises into my routine, and I remember after the first day my lats and traps were so sore in the best way!

What do you love to do?

Replies

• ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    push ups, air squats, lunges, box jumps, handstand push ups (can modify several ways), pistols.
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    I would love to be able to do one pull-up :embarassed:

Hey, I can do SIX (non-girly-style) pushups, though :grumble:

What I do do a bunch of are squats (with weight), and lunges, both walking lunges with weights and with a squat bar or weights taking turns with each leg behind, and as many girly (knee-supported) pushups as I can.
  • Wide grip overhand pull ups are really tough.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    arghhh tricep dips! I hate them haha my trainer kills me!

I'd say those, push ups, chin ups, lots of squats, lunges- (pulsing), crunches and sit-ups

they're just a few without weight exercises i do with my trainer and we've both seen great results
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    I used to love pullups. I need to cut some bodyweight first, before I can do them again. Dips would be my next favorite exercise.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    bump
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    I would love to be able to do one pull-up :embarassed:

Hey, I can do SIX (non-girly-style) pushups, though :grumble:

What I do do a bunch of are squats (with weight), and lunges, both walking lunges with weights and with a squat bar or weights taking turns with each leg behind, and as many girly (knee-supported) pushups as I can.

Hey, when I started out I could only do 9 modified push-ups. After all this work, I'm still only up to 16 regular, but a major improvement!

And ugh -- pulsing lunges! I forgot about those. OUCH!
This discussion has been closed.