Food is way too important

Options
hello there
i need some help again!

right now I feel like food is too important in my life.
i'm a recovering anorexic and maybe it's because i used to starve myself, but i've been in recovery for 5 months now and i need this to change -
it's like everyday is a struggle to get through 24 hours without over-eating. it's so frustrating. i can't stop thinking about food! i try to distract myself, you know, study for school, talk to friends, exercise, etc.etc. but i'm QUITE obsessed with food! how do i make food become what it is supposed to be - merely a means of survival? and not something for comfort? i want to eat even when i'm not hungry. it's grossing me out!

thanks a lot!
xoxo Tasha.

Replies

• TashaKnight
    TashaKnight Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hello there
    i need some help again!

right now I feel like food is too important in my life.
    i'm a recovering anorexic and maybe it's because i used to starve myself, but i've been in recovery for 5 months now and i need this to change -
    it's like everyday is a struggle to get through 24 hours without over-eating. it's so frustrating. i can't stop thinking about food! i try to distract myself, you know, study for school, talk to friends, exercise, etc.etc. but i'm QUITE obsessed with food! how do i make food become what it is supposed to be - merely a means of survival? and not something for comfort? i want to eat even when i'm not hungry. it's grossing me out!

thanks a lot!
    xoxo Tasha.
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    Hi, Tasha! :smile: Well, first of all....BRAVO for 5 months of healing! My cousin suffered from anorexia, and it's not going to be an easy ride. But, you can do it! :flowerforyou: Just keep in mind that nutricious food is great for your body and can help you curb cravings for junk food! If you want sweets, load up on fruit! If you're craving carbs, then opt for whole wheat noodles and whole grain rice instead of the white varieties! With baby steps, you'll feel better in no time!:happy: My cousin has reached 7 years of healthy eating and living, and she looks really great! I have the exact opposite issue:grumble: , so I feel you! Just keep in mind that CHANGE IS GOOD!:bigsmile: Good luck to you!!!

:heart: Button
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Tahsa!

I am so proud of your 5 months of healing, that is AWESOME, you should feel extreme pride in yourself for this accomplishment!:flowerforyou:

When you are obsessing about food come to this site and message, we will be here to help and give your encouragement! We are all here because of our obsession with food in way way or another so you don't need to feel alone!:flowerforyou:

Know that you are in my prayers!
  • travelbug
    travelbug Posts: 153
    Options
    I think that the things most important to us are some of the most challenging. Education tests you, finding a career that satisfies you, finances and trying to budget doesn't leave you with a lot, even love can challenge you. These 'trying' moments are what make us stronger. It's easy to quit school, take a job that doesn't mean anything to you and go deep into debt. It's also easy to eat poorly. Who doesn't like convenience of ready made snacks, sugar fixes, high fat yummy foods. But what is satisfying about doing everything the easy way? Food will be on all of our minds all the time. It takes preparations to plan your meals for the day/week and you are faced with temptations all the time. But I am proud of myself for accomplishing what I set out for myself. I have a great education, love my job, have my own business, I'm getting out of debt and eating foods that make me feel good. You're not expected to stop thinking about food but you should remember what you need food to accomplish. Energy and health. You are worth more than letting food run your life. Eat to live do not live to eat.