I've binged for the past 3 days...

Options
Feeling pretty low. I think my weight has jumped 8-10 pounds from these past 3 days. I've eaten so much food, despite the fact that i'm sick right now and can hardly even taste the food. I've been eating so much that my stomach hurts. I'm not sure what caused this to happen.

I try to have a 1000 calorie deficit everyday. I eat around 1500 calories a day (on my good days) so it's not like i'm starving myself, and its not like I should have uncontrollable hunger out of no where.... I'm just really disappointed in myself, I guess I just need to vent.

Replies

• poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    If you're sick, I honestly wouldn't worry too much about it and just get back on track after you feel well and your body heals. I always get SUPER hungry when I have a cold and eat everything in sight.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hopefully the weight gain is just water retention. I think everyone is allowed a few days of fun, especially around the Superbowl or other major events. You'll shake it off.

Me on the other hand... i still make pretty unwise choices, even being under calories (thanks to exercise). I need to cut back on that. And I've been out the past 3 weekends in a row. It's not good on the gut or the wallet. But I know where I'm going wrong and I know what I can, and will do to correct it. The same goes for you. You know where you're veering off the right track. That only means that you know the way back. Don't be disappointed in yourself in the least bit. Chin up. Back to kickin *kitten* tomorrow!
  • Kreeture
    Options
    So, you offer yourself the fogiveness and understanding you would offer someone else in the same situation. You tuck yourself into bed tonight, and embrace the gratitude that tomorrow is a new day, with a new opportunity, and a new sense of purpose. Every challenge is an opportunity to be successful so, tomorrow when faced with temptation, urge, or lack of will power - soldier through, looking the challenge in the eye and being grateful about what the Universe offers us. Thank you for tempting me, for now I get to feel the success of meeting that challenge! Sleep well, hun, and know that tomorrow always comes. :)
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    cheer up buttercup - you know what you need to do to get back in the game. venting is probably the first step in recovering from the binging! i would suggest logging it, but it's not totally necessary.

take care of yourself and get well so you can kick those 8-10 pounds out the door for good!

BTW - you have had amazing progress - i looked at your photos and got inspired! :flowerforyou:
  • imperfectlyhere
    Options
    LOOKS like you have made alot of progress so be sure to pat yourself on the back for that....OFTEN when we have bad days we think the damageis much worse than it actually is....I can relate to that! I suggest you weigh yourself and see where you are at.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I've been having a really bad last few days too, binge-wise. I get in the kitchen and just shovel everything in sight into my mouth! I think it's okay to go through these bad phases as long as we are able to get back on track and stay on track the majority of the time. Expecting perfection is expecting waaaay too much. I mean, we're human! We got flaws! Tomorrow is a new day, and you can climb right back up on the wagon and keep on truckin'. Be strong!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Well, after having a terrible binge day myself today (ice cream and cookies for breakfast!), I can tell you what the silver lining is... if you have in fact gained 8-10 lbs, it is probably due to sodium--which means it can and will go away! You should be drinking lots of water since you're under the weather anyway, so up the H20 intake and get back on track. We all fall, but MFP is here to help us get back up :happy:

Good luck tomorrow!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    So, you offer yourself the fogiveness and understanding you would offer someone else in the same situation. You tuck yourself into bed tonight, and embrace the gratitude that tomorrow is a new day, with a new opportunity, and a new sense of purpose. Every challenge is an opportunity to be successful so, tomorrow when faced with temptation, urge, or lack of will power - soldier through, looking the challenge in the eye and being grateful about what the Universe offers us. Thank you for tempting me, for now I get to feel the success of meeting that challenge! Sleep well, hun, and know that tomorrow always comes. :)

This, this, this!
    What wonderful words of encouragement.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    When you wake up in the morning, you will have a fresh start, without mistakes. If you can, work out first thing, to help your mind stay on track for the day. You haven't done anything wrong, you've done something natural- to your previous self. Remember that you spent so much of your life living one way, and now you are turning it around, and there is bound to be some problems. Just write this down somewhere you will find it in the morning, like your bathroom mirror:

"Today is the first day of the rest of my life."

And allow yourself to start over! Good luck to you!
  • heatherisadork
    heatherisadork Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is right. I need to calm down and just get back on track. Tomorrow will be a good day. I work all day and then have class all night, but I'll make sure i'll get in a workout while on my lunch break.

Things will be better tomorrow. Maybe I just needed a break from the emotional aspect of losing weight. Tomorrow will be good.
  • Sumo813
    Options
    Things will be better tomorrow. Maybe I just needed a break from the emotional aspect of losing weight. Tomorrow will be good.

Rest days and cheat days... they're there so we keep our sanity throughout this journey. ;)
  • Sumo813
    Options

This, this, this!
    What wonderful words of encouragement.

Exactly!!! I think we all put way too much pressure on ourselves to do the best and be the best that we can, and don't realize that we need to allow ourselves a little freedom once in a while.
  • angeen
    Options
    when you start feeling better, take it from there. thats what i'm telling myself. i just started this last week & i've been exercising & i lost 2 lbs. i had a pep in my step. then today my costochondritis decided to take ahold of me & it's hard to even lift my son when i have flar ups. yesterday i had it a little & i zumba'd through it..big mistake. i'm in pain. so until this passes i can't do those exercises that i was enjoying. i ate one too many pieces of banana bread amongst other things & i was bummed, like you, at first. but then i thought, today wasn't that great, but tomorrow i will start off on the right foot & go from there!
    it's so nice to see though, that there are real people on this site who have off days because some of the other sites, i swear, it was like they were stepford wives! lol!
    4578762.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ButterflyOnFire
    Options
    Amazing words of wisdo. I think we've all been there (and it BLOWS) but it isn't our moments of weakness that define us, it's how we bounce back. And I wouldn't even call this weakness! Everyone is entitled to cheat days! You'll be great, and if you still feel guilty about having a rough few days, take them as fuel to get back on track. You're doing great :0)
  • mntflower
    Options
    I know I've been there for the past few unmotivated days. For me it's seeing that I'm not alone in this process and others are having challenges too. I know that I can have these moments of unmotivatedness (is that even a word?) So, tomorrow comes and we get back to working on ourselves. Good luck and take care of yourself. We are allowed to have moments of weakness, it's only human.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    In a similar boat. I had four binge-free days in a row last week, but this weekend I just cracked and things have been a little out of whack. Tomorrow I'm planning on having a good day though, working out, and sticking to my calorie goal :) Good luck to you! And thanks everyone for the words of wisdom you've been posting, it's really helpful to read.
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    it's ok. it happens to the best of us. What's done is done and you can't undo the food you ate. So just get back at it as soon as you can. If you binge on 1500 cals a day perhaps you need to up your calorie intake. do it by 300 cals. when you binge what are the foods you crave? then check out this list for how to stave off specific cravings.
    http://www.naturopathyworks.com/pages/cravings.php
  • christydufrene78
    Options
    I am in the same boat with ya girl!!!! But today lets pick our self up and get to it!!!!! We Can DO THis!!!:smile:
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    you can only control what has not happened yet.
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I've been having a really bad last few days too, binge-wise. I get in the kitchen and just shovel everything in sight into my mouth! I think it's okay to go through these bad phases as long as we are able to get back on track and stay on track the majority of the time. Expecting perfection is expecting waaaay too much. I mean, we're human! We got flaws! Tomorrow is a new day, and you can climb right back up on the wagon and keep on truckin'. Be strong!

Exactly! We all have periods where our choices are.. er.. questionable, but it's not the end of the world - vent away and you can move on :smile: To assume you'd never ever binge again in your whole life is clearly unrealistic.. and I guarantee you that some of that weight will be water (which can take a while to come off by the way so don't panic) so it won't be as bad as you think :smile: Anyway, get back onto the wagon when you're ready and you'll forget all about this soon enough :flowerforyou: