Isn't It Funny?

CalorieNinja
CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
edited September 23 in Chit-Chat
Most women (and maybe men) never reveal their weight, even when they are a healthy weight. On here my weight is all over the place on these boards from challenges to my ticker! I just found it amusing that we never reveal it but will all over the place on here (not that there is anything wrong with it, I am doing it!) weight is nothing to be ashamed of :)

Replies

• people dont care about what some stranger sitting behind a computer screen thinks. they do however care what their friends in family think. therefore are more willing to share their weight with people they will never have to actually meet.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    :laugh: i think it funny to because on my drivers license i"m still 130:noway:
  • CalorieNinja
    :laugh: i think it funny to because on my drivers license i"m still 130:noway:

Speaking over drivers license, I had to get mine renewed last year. The guy asks my weight and I say 150 ( I was 200ish) and he actually puts 180 on my license! Damn him your supposed to believe me haha
  • So true! I'm proud to show off what I've lost, and even share that dreaded starting weight number, or (gasp!) post pictures of my ever shrinking tummy. It's great here because we're all on the same journey and we love seeing and hearing from those who are going through what we are. Love it!

But would I do that at work? Heck no!

"Hey Julie, I lost another inch and a 1/4 around the hips! Wait, where are you going?? I have pictures this time!" Yeah... coffee break in the employee lounge just got awkward.... lol

Not to say that we should be ashamed of ourselves as we are, or not talk about it with our friends and family. Honestly, it's kind of sad that we aren't as comfortable in the real world as we are in the virtual one. It helps so many people (myself included) to have such an excellent support system, one where we can speak so candidly about our ups and downs and everything in between. Annonimity has it's advantages I suppose!
  • MrsSassyPants
    MrsSassyPants Posts: 223 Member
    On my drivers license I'm still 29 lol!
  • bbb84
    bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
    Im not worried about posting my weight on here. I feel safe and confident I won't be judged here because everyone is on the same journey (to be healthy). Its actually a relief to be surrounded (in a sense) by people who are dealing with what you are dealing with and motivate and be motivated the main goal of health.
  • CalorieNinja
    Thinking more about this; I think the reason I am so open on here about my weight is
    1. I feel like everyone is on the same journey ultimately
    2. I feel like if I reveal it on challenges there are others that are holding me accountable as well, others that are hoping for me to
    get to my goals.
    3. I don't want to fail others, I feel I am letting others down by not reaching my goals, not only myself (and that my friend is powerful)
  • i tell people all the time what i way. it dosn't change what i look like!
This discussion has been closed.