How do you feel about coffee?

Replies

• beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    I like coffee so much that I roast my own beans....
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    First of all, coffee IS addictive. Try staying away from it after drinking coffee for years. You'll get headaches, don't feel well, impacts your digestion.....

I stopped drinking coffee years ago. Not really that I said "Now I am going to stop". Just started to like green tea and it works well for me.

Now, I drink a cup of coffee every once in a while whem I really did not get enough sleep and have to work, or in those night's that have to study or work for school because I procrastinated everything until the last minute and have due dates. And for that, it works fine. One cup can keep me going all night.

And, I still love the smell sooooooooooo much that I sometimes can not resist:embarassed:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Great topic Zen. :smile:

Coffee is like a little slice of heaven in a cup. :love:

Like people...coffee comes in many shades and has different character.

Never quite thought of what my world would be like without it!?! :sad:

It is the simple things in life like a great cup of coffee that are simply underrated!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • Mrsace13
    Mrsace13 Posts: 31 Member
    I have to at least have my one cup in the morning and sometimes around 3 to finish off my day. I can't give it up but I use splenda and fat free cream to help some.
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Last night on our local news they did a segment showing a study about drinking coffee. It said that coffee drinkers (especially the women) were LESS likely to have heart problems in some study. I was kind of surprised. It said that the study showed that there really weren't any real negative side effects of drinking coffee. I've never been a coffee drinker (love the smell, don't really like the taste.) Of course I don't know who commissioned the study (could have been Starbucks!) Anyway, just thought I'd add this into the conversation.:drinker:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I feel like the only coffee hater here. My husband thinks I'm an alien lol!!!

YOU ARE AN ALIEN! You're Canadian woman, what's life without Timmy's! lol Heck I'm not even Canadian , I just live here , I will never go back NEVER cause they dont have timmy's :laugh: :laugh:
    LOL, I get a hot chocolate, but only in the winter!!:smile:
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Just got back from working out...fueled by coffee and vitamin b:laugh: I also saw something about the benefits of coffee for women. It said that it helped with memory. Who knows? Maybe Starbucks is doing all these studies just to confuse us :laugh:
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Just an FYI, decaff coffee has caffine in it also. So just because you get decaff doesnt mean you arent still additted to the caffeine. I just learned that in my nutrition class:wink:
  • LadyZen
    Just an FYI, decaff coffee has caffine in it also. So just because you get decaff doesnt mean you arent still additted to the caffeine. I just learned that in my nutrition class:wink:

Did they say anything about coffee in your class? Bad? Good?
  • emtink
    emtink Posts: 387 Member
    my doctor told me to try and limit myself to 2 cups a day. i fail every day, but i don't think 4-5 cups is too much. if you have high blood pressure, obviously caffeine is no good. also, women with osteoporosis, also not good. i don't think coffee is inherently bad, but people may have certain conditions where they should limit their caffeine intake. ask you doctor!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    I think it is important to listen to your body. I drink a cup or two a day, never in the late afternoon. I think everything can be bad for you if you do it in excess. My grandmother had low blood pressure and would get up in the middle of the night because she had a headache. She would drink a cup of coffee ,go back to bed and be fine. I don't think coffee is advisable if you have high blood pressure or other problems, but in moderation I think there is nothing wrong. I also have low blood pressure and I'd rather drink coffee then some drug that messes with my system in another way.
  • LadyZen
    Thanks for all the replies.:smile: This was my first time posting anything; was kind of nervous at first. Thanks for being so nice:happy:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    I hated coffee, never drank it.. and if i did it was cold.. THEN i met my bf.. HIS family loves TIM HORTONS.. and now SO DO I.. I am not obsessed but I do love there coffee... espeically iced capps.. YUMMY.. but i get it with milk so its healthier... haha.... I gave up chocolate candy and pop that was hard..BUT drinking coffee i dont think is bad.... just hte amount of sugar and cream you add. SO I think ENJOY AWAY :bigsmile:
  • Crystal019
    Crystal019 Posts: 26
    I love my coffee! :drinker:

I only have coffee at the office during the work week.
  • LadyZen
    Thanks again:happy:
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    I :heart: my morning coffee (the smell in the morning wakes me up), even though I should not I put some sugar/fat free coffemate, but if I feel the need for coffee at work, just some moo milk no sugar. Once in a great while I will get a DD ice coffee with cream/no sugar. Dont know why I have to have the sugar in that first cup. :grumble:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Coffee makes my kids like me better.

Imagine that???

:drinker:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    I'm with Blazin. I've drank coffee my entire life (since I was a wee tot:noway: ) and it has not had any negative affects on my weight loss. I have several cups in the morning and drink green tea the rest of the day. I've come to realize that I am a much better person with it than without it.

me + coffee =:happy:
    me - coffee= :devil:
    I am with ya:drinker:
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Coffee makes my kids like me better.

Imagine that???

:drinker:

Like your not lickable (err... I mean Likeable) enough already! :blushing:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    coffeedrinker.gif

Love it! When I was in school (mid-life career change--just graduated with masters last year) I was drinking like 15 cups a day!

Now, I'm down to 1 most days, sometimes 2. And only 2 tablespoons of half/half and splenda with it.

Oh, and it's never impacted my weight loss.
This discussion has been closed.