measurements

Options
PLease inform me on the correct way to measure the different areas of my body, and when should i do this, like i always thought waist was where your belt would go but i think that is wrong, i do have a tailors measuring tape. :)

Replies

• KokomoJoe
    Options
    Chest is nipple height
    Waist is at belly button
    hips is largest circumference
    thighs is midpoint of them
    arms is midpoint of them
  • sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    If you are not sure then measure the widest part, what ever you do keep measureing in the same place to compare them - really it doesnt matter too much if you dont measure the precise place as long as you know where you have measured and can repeat that measurement.

If you dont have a tape measure then find clothes that are a tight fit and try them on again in 2 week intervals.
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Except when you are obese. If waist is measured at navel, there is no where left to find hips. My navel was quite low due to over hanging belly, so I sort of measured half way between breasts and navel to make a waist. Navel was my hips. But as I lose weight my navel is getting higher. LOL. May eventually have real waist and hips.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I think you have been answered Scotty! so nothing to add :bigsmile: x
  • peteloafer
    peteloafer Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think blokes are meant to measure waist an inch below belly button but I would go along with earlier advice and
    check it every couple of weeks with trousers that are tight etc.
  • BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    And I need to know another question on this subject.I measured when I started in Jan.Now it's one mo later and I measured.I know I lost but I didn't write it down.I thought this would keep it for me.But HOW do I retrieve the first measurement?
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    And I need to know another question on this subject.I measured when I started in Jan.Now it's one mo later and I measured.I know I lost but I didn't write it down.I thought this would keep it for me.But HOW do I retrieve the first measurement?

Go to My Home, then check-in. At the bottom of the blue list of things you can update, there is a link to edit previous entries. If you click that, and select at the top which measurement you want to see, it will come up with a list of all your previous entries for that measurement. You don't have to edit them!
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Or you can look at reports, and click progress....if you haven't made too many entries, it should give the number by the point on the graph....