Chalean Extreme

Healthyby30
Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
So, I've been debating for a while which exercise program I want to incorporate. I do not believe I am ready for P90x or Insanity yet, so I've been looking into Chalean Extreme. I wondered if anyone has tried it and if its maybe a bit easier than P90x? I've done P90 and don't want to do it again...

So, any thoughts on Chalean Extreme?

Thanks!

Replies

• princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Hi there! I've done both P90X and ChaLEAN Extreme (both last year). While I did see some results with P90X, I love, LOVE, LOVE ChaLEAN Extreme!! I think it's more of a "girl's" workout... I love the muscle built during all three phases... I love Chalene Johnson's instruction and motivation! All around, I thought it was a much better program (for me)!! I lost about 18 pounds on the program.

For the future, you can consider her TurboFire workouts too. I'm on Week #4 of that and am loving it too!! Come spring, I'm going to do the TurboFire and ChaLEAN Extreme Hybrid... Can't wait! :-)
  • Healthyby30
    Thanks for your input! I love Chalean so I thought I'd probably like it! I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just order it! :)
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Thanks for asking about Chalene Extreme! I am a DVD Fitness fanatic, I was thinking about getting Chalene Extreme, because I was looking for something that incorporated weights into the workout. It's going to be my treat to myself when I reach 135!
  • princesslmc2
    Thanks for asking about Chalene Extreme! I am a DVD Fitness fanatic, I was thinking about getting Chalene Extreme, because I was looking for something that incorporated weights into the workout. It's going to be my treat to myself when I reach 135!

I think this is fantastic!! Again, I LOVED this workout... I've never had muscle before like this, and it feels amazing. It's not the bulky muscle, so it's not like i look like a body-builder... but it's a fabulous feeling feeling muscle instead of flab.
  • etherah
    etherah Posts: 83 Member
    Is CLX hard for someone who is out of shape or is it good for any level starting out?
  • princesslmc2
    I think it is a great program for anyone to start out with. Chalene gives you an idea of what she and the others in the videos are lifting, so you have a nice range. Just push yourself to YOUR limits; don't try to compete with her (though it won't take too long to get to her level!!). One of the girls in the video also does all the modified moves, so just in case you want lower impact. Another girl uses the resistance bands and she looks amazing - even at the age of 60!! Heck, one of the girls in SOME of the videos as SEVEN kids... It's all very inspiring.
  • coachreyes
    coachreyes Posts: 504 Member
    I'd like to give you a man's perspective. I am a former college football player and as the years have progressed I let myself go. Last year I had enough. I thought I would try the "mans" workout P90x. Well, I was too out of shape to do the pullups and all those pushups. A torn ACL limited the plyometrics so I was really not able to get into it. However, I was still did as much as I could. In the meantime I did some research and found Chalean Extreme.

Chalene Extreme is not "easier". However, the modifier is what made the difference for me. For those of you who are interested in doing this, Chalene includes a modifier who demonstrates the exercises if you need less impact or are new to lifting weights. There is also someone who uses resistance bands along with two others.

CE is for those just starting out and/or the experienced. The workouts last anywhere from 35-45 minutes, depending on the workout and you do them 5 days a week. P90 x workouts range from 40-60 minutes and this program is 6 days a week. I completed CE last summer and am about to complete Chalene's Turbo Fire program. I am in shape enough now where I could do P90x, however I believe I will continue and do a CE/TF hybrid workout.

Good luck. I strongly recommend it.
  • Healthyby30
    Thanks so much for the response! I ordered it and cannot wait to give it a try!
  • etherah
    I'm currently doing p90 but am considering doing CLX instead or in addition to p90. Hmmm...
  • etherah
    I just tried day one of CLX and I really like it! I think I'm going to switch to doing this instead of P90. It's much more interesting!
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    I'm a bit late on this, but I LOVE ChaLEAN Extreme. Today was day 40 for me!! Not even two weeks later my husband decided to take the plunge too--I think he was sick of hearing me talk about my sore muscles--it couldn't be that hard, right?! Today was his day 30--he's hooked too! :D

I think it's a great program for a beginner (they show modifications) or for someone more advanced. I hadn't really worked out hard in a long time (had a baby 7m ago) and I hadn't lifted weights in a long time, but I totally got into it. I hope you love it--it is totally changing my body!!
  • etherah
    I've only done 2 days of CLX but I love it already!! I love lifting weights!!
This discussion has been closed.