How good is good enough?

Options
So I have hit the 90 day mark, which is a rare accomplishment for me. As I look at the nutrition report, I count that about 1/3 of those days (30) I was above the calorie target. How should I feel about this?

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    How much above? If it's only a little bit, you should still lose. You just won't lose at the desired rate.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    It should make you sit back and think about how bad you want what you want????? If you want it bad----you will make sure your calorie target is where it needs to be every day. My mantra----commit and you will succeed.
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    it depends - is this a 2/3 improvement over how you used to eat?

That's how I look at my journey. I don't expect to be perfect, just a little better every day than I was before I decided to make changes.

Keep on going forward, stay positive and GOOD LUCK!
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, but it is also a process. Baby Steps. Look at your food diaries that day and learn from them. Was there a stressor that day? Did you eat later? No exercise? Etc. Live and Learn. As long as you are making steps in the right direction, you will get there. You decide the speed.:flowerforyou:
  • tlusco
    Options
    First off, great job on going for 90 days! I've never been able to stick to anything that long either, so I applaud you :) Secondly, I wouldn't put yourself down for going over on some of the days - 2/3 of the time you were either on target or below, so don't beat yourself up about it. That's 2/3 of the time eating less calories than what you would have originally been eating! If you do the math, if you're planning on losing about a pound a week, over 60 days that's 30, 000 calories that you DIDN'T eat! That's still way awesome!!!