hCG Friendly Recipes

Options
**Disclaimer - If you do not agree with, or have anything positive to say about the hCG diet, please take yourself elsewhere. I'm not here to be bashed or 'talked down to'. Just remember what mom always told you! Treat others as you'd like to be treated, and if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Thank you!!

I'm looking for quick, easy, simple recipes to try on this hCG diet. I tried a meatloaf recipe last night and it was a good start. Now just looking for more!! Need something that can be put in a ziplock baggie and taken with me to work the next day for a quick heat up...Thank you in advance!!

Replies

• KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    I dont have any recipes to share but I was actually wondering how the diet works. And if you have been on it so far what have been your results? I looked it up online a little bit but I'm not sure I understand what the diet itself is. Do you just squirt those drops into your recipe? And where can you find the drops at?
  • Court7898
    Court7898 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is my second round with hcg actually. My first one went wonderfully. I dropped 15 lbs in 2 weeks. But, then some crazy family stuff happened and I 'fell off the wagon', so to speak. It definately works for me, but it may not for everyone. You have to follow a strict calorie restricted diet (500calories) and take the drops 3 times a day. You actually put ten drops UNDER your tongue and let them absorb, usually takes about 2 minutes. If you put them ON your tongue...you'll hate yourself for doing so lol. They taste awful.

Anyways, the hcg works with the restricted cal diet to keep you body going into starvation mode, which would natrually happen with just low calorie diet alone. When your body does this, it actually retains fat and water weight, and burns muscle mass first. The hCG works to trigger your body to burn off the stored fat and store protiens, rather than burn protiens and store fat.

I got mine from Powerhouse Nutrition, but since you probably aren't local, you can purchase them online. some of the girls in my office got theirs from www.trimhcg.com. I prefer having someone explain the ins and outs of the diet, and being able to answer my questions, so i went and bought them in the store. They probably have them at your local diet and nutrition store. Give em a call and check it out. If you're considering it, I highly suggest you go for it. What have you got to lose?? Oh yeah, those few extra pounds ;)

Sure I could diet and excersize, except I get EXTREMELY discouraged whenever I don't see quick results. So hCG has worked wonders. The pound or two a day is motivation enough for me. Definately check it out =)
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    That would be totally awesome to lose a pound a day! I will have to check it out at the store and see if I can find any. Thanks!! =)
  • KathreneW
    KathreneW Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I was wondering, after the 1st round, did the weight come back on? Even just some?
    Do you feel hungry with only 500 calories?
    What kind of diet must you do? Anything goes just as long as it is under 500 calories?
    Thank you for any information, as i ordered HCG and it should be coming in the mail in the next few days.
    -Kathrene
  • Court7898
    Court7898 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    No, the weight didn't come back on, I just didn't continue losing. And since I hadn't gotten down to where I wanted to be, I wasn't ready to stop.

At first, I felt hungry. But after the first week or so, your body gets used to it. The first time I feel off the wagon, I had a terrible day and ate a wendy's cheeseburger. Granted it was freaking delicious...but it made my tummy hurt, and I felt gross. So that's motivation enough to eat the right things on this diet.

And the diet sound complicated....but its really not.

Breakfast
    Any amount of coffee, tea, or water. But, no cream or sugar in coffee or tea.

Mid Morning Snack
    Apple, Orange, or 3 oz of strawberries

Lunch
    3.5 oz of protien - Chicken, extra lean ground beef or buffalo, or white fish (shrimp, lobster, tilapia, etc.)
    3.5 oz of vegetables - MUST BE FRESH VEGGIES. I had a friend eat canned green beans, and she wound up gaining.
    1 Melba Toast - Not one serving, one piece. Seems to be some confusion on this.

Mid Afternoon Snack
    Fruit again

Dinner
    Same as lunch.

Absolutely no sugar is allowed. The only allowed sweetener is Stevia, and they should sell it in most grocery stores.
    No dairy or starches. Potatoes would not be considered a veggie for this diet.

A pretty specific link to check out:
    http://www.hcgdietinfo.com/HCG-Diet-Protocol.htm

Also, try googling Dr. Simeons Pounds and Inches: A new approach to obesity.
    You can find a free copy of it online. I suggest reading through it. Tons of information. =)
  • wkschuster
    Options
    Try making a salad put it in a tupperware container upside down ( onion, tomato, cucumber on the bottom, with spring mix on top of that) then put chicken that is already cooked in a plastic baggie. Then when its time to eat flip the salad out of the box, heat the chicken if you want put it on top and squeeze some lemon over it. :)