bekdavis
bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
how often do you replace your shoes?

Replies

• I replace between 500 and 600 kms. yes I keep track!! lol
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Depends on the shoes and amount of continous use they get. I tend to replace mine about every 250 miles.
  • Every 400 miles or so...
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    based upon these answers....I am long overdue. yikes!
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Hi ...I usually replce when I start noticing knee pain and start having shin splints during a exercise class. I can really tell the difference when my shoes need to be replaced. For me its about every 6-8 months depending on what my workouts are like.
  • 300 miles because I cross train walking with step aerobics and I can start to fill them loosen.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    About every 500 miles. I know it's time when I wear my shoes into a running shoe store, try ONE new one on and my old one suddenly feels like a flat tire. Funny how it's hard to feel without the comparison but the contrast helps me know when it's time.
  • I replace mine when they beging to feel uncomfortable...I have two pair, running and everyday wear.. I wear my running for running and execerise only, when I buy a new pair of running shoes, my running shoes become my everyday shoes.. That way I get more time out of them.. Make sure you get fitted for your type of running/walking to get the optimal performance out of them and less hurt/injury.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Every 300-400 miles. And I agree with Robin...you don't really notice it until you try on a pair of new shoes. The difference is amazing!
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Every 300-400 miles. And I agree with Robin...you don't really notice it until you try on a pair of new shoes. The difference is amazing!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Runners world says between 300 and 500. I got a stress fracture at 460 miles this summer (training for a marathon). I have a new pair to replace the currents at mile 300 this year.

Another good way to tell is if the sole is considerably worn on the bottom.

My vote is sooner rather than later!
This discussion has been closed.