Day Two of Sobriety

Options
Fab140
Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
Last night was the first night in months that I had not a drop of alcohol. Not even a sip from my husband's single drink (yay for him!!!). I have to admit, it was pretty hard. It's mostly the habit of tasting and having the action of making the drink that keeps me doing it.

This morning, I was far less dehydrated and it was easier to get awake. I feel that if I can get through the ENTIRE week with out a sip, I will be well on my way to just treating myself to a glass of wine or a cocktail every once in awhile instead of essentially planning my day around it every day.

Have a happy Tuesday, y'all, and I will see you in the forums. :flowerforyou:

Wish me luck!
M

Replies

• Fab140
    Options
    Last night was the first night in months that I had not a drop of alcohol. Not even a sip from my husband's single drink (yay for him!!!). I have to admit, it was pretty hard. It's mostly the habit of tasting and having the action of making the drink that keeps me doing it.

This morning, I was far less dehydrated and it was easier to get awake. I feel that if I can get through the ENTIRE week with out a sip, I will be well on my way to just treating myself to a glass of wine or a cocktail every once in awhile instead of essentially planning my day around it every day.

Have a happy Tuesday, y'all, and I will see you in the forums. :flowerforyou:

Wish me luck!
    M
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    GREAT JOB! You can do it!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Great job! Best of luck to you! You are in my prayers! :flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! Remember 'One Day at a Time'....

:heart:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Megan.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Aww that's awesome, I know how hard it can be! Good luck, I'm sure u can do it!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday to you too:flowerforyou: Good luck, you can do this, you've already started!!!
  • SunnyInBuffalo
    Options
    Keep it up. So many empty calories...think of what you have been missing..You can eat real food with those calories :tongue:
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Since starting this site I have greatly reduced my consumption as well. I don't crave alcohol nearly as much since I cut back. I still have wine or a good drink occasionally but it isn't on a daily basis. I think the first night was the worst, I've just replaced it with ice water. :happy:
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hey, that's awesome! It's not an easy thing to do when having a drink becomes such a routine part of your day. Times when I've cut back on alcohol I've felt much better after a couple weeks - improved mood, more energy, and easier weight loss or maintenance. Good luck to you!!
  • Fab140
    Options
    Keep it up. So many empty calories...think of what you have been missing..You can eat real food with those calories :tongue:

exactly.......hehe....

Thanks you guys!! With the support of you and my husband, I'm positive I will pull through!! :happy: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • geisharunner
    Options
    Great job! Just gotta take it one day at a time! :happy:
  • Mrsace13
    Mrsace13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had to do the same thing a couple of years ago and now when I do drink with friends I try to be more careful even though sometimes it is hard and I fail and regret it the next day.

It is a day by day step and sometimes you need extra support, don't be afraid to seak extra support if needed.

Good luck to you, life feels better when you don't have to plan your days around your drinking.
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Good job!!! babysteps...
  • stizzef
    stizzef Posts: 39
    Options
    Wow, today is day 2 of my sobriety as well! I started a 30 day cleanse yesterday that doesn't allow any alcohol. So far so good, but i know things will get harder as it gets closer to the weekend. The fact that my boss gave me a really nice bottle of wine yesterday really isn't helping either! Stay strong, and keep us posted.
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Fantastic:flowerforyou: It does you so much good.:happy: I know how you feel, cut back seriously last Oct after several years of the habit of drinking every day(for a year or two it was quite bad due to upsets in life) but I now feel so much better and look forward to my weekend treats..I'm taking it "one week " at a time and can honestly say that if I put my mind to it could go without completely but hey ... I need some little pleasure in life!!!!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    Keep up the good work.....

Kim
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Fantastic for you!!! :flowerforyou:

Keep it up, I think you will feel better and long term your body will thank you, this is a big step and you took it! I don't know you but I am so proud of you! :love: :love: