CrossFit Baseline?

Options
I am going to a CrossFit today for my Baseline training. Has anyone done this already? What can I expect? And any additional input on CrossFit would be appreciated!

Replies

• LMac423
    Options
    I've never been to a CrossFit gym but I have done some of the CrossFit workouts at home...they are tough! It's a fantastic, completely different way of working out and makes you feel really B.A! Good luck!
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I have also done some cross fit workouts. They are very tough and a intense, but usually shorter than a typical workout. Be prepared to dig deep and give it your all. The workouts are usually a few exercises for either a certain rep or rounds for time. Many of the exercises include lifting a certain weight or % of your body. I just did a workout Friday and after a 20 minute workout we were sore for a few days.

Have fun!
  • lizmichele
    lizmichele Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, sounds like I am in for a treat. Thanks for the inside info.
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    you are gunna love it. I wish i could join a CrossFit gym, bit difficult at the moment. But will happen in the future. I wholly intend to participate in a CrossFit games event next year.

i've been incorporating alot of crossfit stuff into my workouts. my training schedule also mimicks thiers. 3 on 1 off, 3 on 1 off etc.

This morning i had another meeting with "Cindy", lol. 5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 squats. As many rounds a possible in 10 minutes! got 8 rounds this morning!!! new record :p
    got 6 and a half last time, which was a bout 2 weeks ago.

Personal favourite so far is "House". 21 squats, 15 dips, 9 Pullups. 3 x for time. Down to 8 minutes last time...must do it again...perhaps this weekend.

POST UP HOW YOU WENT TOO!!!!
  • lizmichele
    lizmichele Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It was great! We didn't do the Baseline, scheduling mix up, they just threw us in for the workout and I loved it. 75 squats, 50 situps, 25 kettle bell swings and repeat 4 times. Since it was our first time they told us we only had to do half of everything. But I did 2 regular sets, and 2 half sets. Felt great. Next time I will do the whole thing. I think I love it already!