Buying foods and saving money.

Options
Hey everyone,
I wanted to put this one out here and see if anyone wants to help get this fired up.

After nearly 2 weeks of working on control and watching everything that I eat to make sure that I don't over do it I have found that to keep things healthy I am now shopping at more health food stores. The problem is the cost of doing so crazy. One recipe that my fiance wants to make called for Brazil nuts, and after spending 5 bucks for a handful I realize that this is just crazy.

So I put it out here to find out where you buy your food? Does anyone have good websites that they recommend using to save money on specific types of foods? I think that with supply and demand being what it is there should be some websites out there that will sell products at more reasonable prices.

Thank you all in advance and I hope if this topic takes off we can help each other out not only in getting healthy but saving money at the same time.
-Ryan

Replies

• crystallayne
    crystallayne Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have turned into a coupon clipped. Almost every brand has some kind of coupon on their website. So I make my shopping list, then go online and see if I can find the products coupon. I am kind of a junkie now. I saved $50 bucks last week. Just make sure you stick to your shopping list!!! Do not buy things just because you have the coupon. Even the healthy brands have coupons!