Day 14 ~ 30 Day Challenge

Options
Hey all...we are almost half way there!!! How are you all today??

Topic: What are the few things that you have given up for this life style change, and do you miss it??

I gave up all soda, fast food, and for the most part anything white (bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, anything with white flour)

I don't miss soda at all, I do crave Del Taco and In & Out Burger once in a while, these are both CA based foods. I have substituted everything white with wheat pasta, brown rice, wheat flour, and of course all types of wheat bread and wheat tortillas. I do miss potatoes and I have them once a week, but I am better at HOW I cook them and WHAT I put on them.

Have a great day all....

Replies

• soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda, well most of the time. i only have it if i have a special meal (about once a week) and i will only drink half a can. i don`t eat that much junk food anymore (chips, cookies, beef jerky, candy...). i don`t want to deny myself any food that i really crave, i just have it less often and in smaller portion. I am diligent with my diary and make sure i am within my calorie limit.

I have been at a stall for almost a week now even if I exercise everyday and control my portions, but i am not giving up. i know i can make it.
  • Johnnygirl777
    Options
    I gave up all dairy which was very hard for me, I'm addicted to cheese! I suddenly and strangly because lactose intollerant so that definitely helped giving up cheese but I miss pizza and pasta a lot. I wish I could just dive into a big bowl of pasta instead of having to measure any pasta I have etc.

My husband gets to eat however he wants and doesn't gain a pound, that's always very tough for me and not fair! :)
  • deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything really. I still drink soda for very infrequently. I don't want to deprive myself of anything because I want this to be a lifestyle change. I want to learn how to eat appropriately and in moderation. This is important for me because I don't want to crash and burn. I still eat out and have great pasta dishes along with dessert. I just workout prior to going and adjust my other meals during the day.

Those are my thoughts. I am excited to see where we all end up at the end of the challenge. I just bought the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels and I will probably start that after I receive it. Has anyone used it?
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I didn't give up anything either. I'm gluten-free because I have an intolerance, but that has nothing to do with losing weight. I should try to give up sugar again, but it's in EVERYTHING!

I only lost .5 this week. I'm kind of dissapointed, but it's still a loss. I guess that counts for something. I'm going to keep on trucking and see what this week brings.

I can't believe we are almost half way!
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I missed yesterday!!! OOPS!

Well, I'm doing alright today. Although I will admit I'm getting bored...I think it's time I get a new game/workout dvd to spice things up.

I haven't given anything up REALLY. I don't drink pop very much but I do every once in a while have one. I had Pizza Hut today at a training, but instead of having a donut I had a grabola bar! I also don't like to deny myself anything. I know I would lose if I did that.
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I gave up all dairy which was very hard for me, I'm addicted to cheese! I suddenly and strangly because lactose intollerant so that definitely helped giving up cheese but I miss pizza and pasta a lot. I wish I could just dive into a big bowl of pasta instead of having to measure any pasta I have etc.

My husband gets to eat however he wants and doesn't gain a pound, that's always very tough for me and not fair! :)

That same thing happened to me a few years ago. I had to alternate between skim milk for a few weeks, and 2% for a few weeks if I wanted to drink milk, and couldn't eat any other type of dairy. The milk I drank had to be non-homogenized as well. It was weird. I got better for a while, and was starting to go down that road again when I got pregnant. Since then, I have no problems with dairy...very odd.