New Year, New Me

Options
Hello all,
I'm new to the site. I am very motivated to lose 30-40lbs. I am a mother of 3 children, (2boys and 1 girl) also a wife to a wonderful husband. I'm at my biggest weight ever in my life, I gained my weight when I was pregnant with my last child (now 6yrs old), and couldn't/ can't seem to get it off. I hate going shopping for clothes because nothing looks right on me and I REFUSE to buy a bigger size anymore. I need support and motivation to keep me going when I don't feel that I can go any longer. Thanks to my BF for introducing me to this site. I hope to gain friendships and a support group here. Let the the weight loss begin and the lbs start shedding.

Replies

• happyme2011
    Options
    Hi there. I'm a mom of two who joined a few days ago. Welcome to MFP. I feel the same as you do. I have 2 year old baby weight that wont come off and also refuse to buy bigger pants! Stretchy pants are my best friend. Good luck on your journey. It sounds like you have a wonderful team at home to be your little cheerleaders!
  • lrobannon
    Options
    Thank you it feels to know someone else is going through the same thing. LOL yes stretchy pants go with everything:laugh:
  • ScottyLikesCake
    ScottyLikesCake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have been carrying round the extra weight since my last child was born too. I got a nasty shock 12 months ago when my usual size wasn't only too tight but the next size up was a bit on the neat side too.

I've thrown away the stretchy pants - you can't tell how much bigger your getting until it's too late and am slowly getting rid of the excess.

I wish you luck on your journey.
  • amylynn96
    amylynn96 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I think more than half of this site is moms trying to get their bodies back. A friend introduced me to this site a month ago and its the perfect tool and key of support because your deff not alone on your journey. Im a 25 yr old mom to a 5 yr old and 6 month old baby and im 30lbs overweight i never shed the baby weight the first time so we ALL know how it feels to have kids and never feel like yourself in your own skin afterwoods. Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me:wink:
  • roszatya
    Options
    Would you like a baby carrot?:tongue:
  • lrobannon
    Options
    I would love some carrots (cooked) with some baked chicken