Is anyone here a member at "Anytime Fitness"?

311Phil
311Phil Posts: 397
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Just curious to see what people have to say about this gym. I'm reading some really negative reviews online. One just opened in my area, and it is the cheapest/most accessible gym in the area.

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    I am not a member of one, but I have visited a location in my area. It seemed very nice on the inside and of course you can come and go as you please.
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    I am a member here in Leesburg. I like it alot....The people that work there aren't the nicest group that I have dealt with but I don't go there to socialize...LOL I usually have my music going and just go do what I gotta do. But I really do like it and will probably sign up again when my membership is up.

Barb
  • Daisy374
    Daisy374 Posts: 539 Member
    I belong to a different gym, however my friend and I are contemplating changing gyms so we visited an Antyime Fitness last night. From what I saw last night, I think it is a nice place. There are a few less machines like treadmills than what I am used to, but I didn't have to wait for any. But one of the main draws for us are the classes, since our current gym does not have any. But the owner that we talked with last night was VERY friendly and seemed to know the members and took time to speak to each one before she left, so I was impressed with that. It made it feel like a really friendly place. My advice to you is to sign up online for a 7 day pass. That way you can go and workout and see how you like it before you commit. Good luck!
  • blakeym
    blakeym Posts: 97 Member
    Have friends that own an Anytime Franchise. It looks like a really great setup. Go in and ask for a free week before you make up your mind. They will be happy to offer it up.
  • gorguslyjealous
    gorguslyjealous Posts: 78 Member
    I actually do!! - the boot camp challenge I'm doing for 8 weeks is at that gym! I'm sure all facilities are different, but so far I like mine! And i LOVE that it's open 24/7 for you to work out at ANYTIME!
  • 311Phil
    ok, thanks for all the replies, my main concern is that i'm reading of a lot of billing issues (being over charged, being charged after the membership is up and not renewing it, etc.)

Just don't want to get caught up in something like that.

Thanks again!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    good point fit-Phil, but I think that's a problem with many gyms. Most require an automatic draft payment, and even my locally owned gym told us they automatically renew unless you cancel.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    I've been a member of Anytime Fitness in New Jersey for a year and I love it. It's the most comfortable environment I've ever worked out in and it's run by the nicest family ever! It is pricey compared to other gyms in the area, but I enjoy the freedom to workout when I want and not have to be in and out at certain times.
  • 311Phil
    really AF is the cheapest gym in my area. Had my first work out this morning. Signed up yesterday. Like it there though, it is a bit small, it would be bad if there were alot of people there. There was only 1 free treadmill when i got there, but i was able to get it. If i can't get a treadmill they do have elliptical and spinning bikes. I LOVE THEIR MACHINES. So smooth and fluid. Got a great strength work out today.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    I joined one in canyon tx and I loved it.the guy that worked there was so nice and helpfull and it was really clean all the time.When I moved to Dallas I found one thats pretty close I just dont have childcare now and they dont have it there.So I still have my membership cuz I cant seem to get out of it,but I havent been seen I moved :cry:
This discussion has been closed.