Kinda OT: Question for the ladies (beauty related)

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi

I've always been a make-up/skincare junkie...could spend hours (if I had it..LOL) at Sephora just cruising around
Do you feel like since you've lost weight you are taking better care of yourself as far as wearing a little make-up, getting your hair done etc
Any great make-up products or skincare products you love and don't want to live without?

Recently, I finally went to the derm for some dark spots/freckling on my face/nose
My entire family has freckles but after having my 2nd baby and having thyroid problems (needed surgery)....my freckles become splotches....strangers would comment that I had something on my face (nice!)
Long story short, I went to the derm and got a laser treatment that zapped them away...she then gave me some obagi skincare products...they have made a HUGE difference in my skin :)
I wear a small amount of make-up daily...high and low end and don't really have any major favorites...

Kim

Replies

• kimber607
    Options
    Hi

I've always been a make-up/skincare junkie...could spend hours (if I had it..LOL) at Sephora just cruising around
    Do you feel like since you've lost weight you are taking better care of yourself as far as wearing a little make-up, getting your hair done etc
    Any great make-up products or skincare products you love and don't want to live without?

Recently, I finally went to the derm for some dark spots/freckling on my face/nose
    My entire family has freckles but after having my 2nd baby and having thyroid problems (needed surgery)....my freckles become splotches....strangers would comment that I had something on my face (nice!)
    Long story short, I went to the derm and got a laser treatment that zapped them away...she then gave me some obagi skincare products...they have made a HUGE difference in my skin :)
    I wear a small amount of make-up daily...high and low end and don't really have any major favorites...

Kim
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Taking care of my body always makes me want to take better care of my appearance
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Taking care of my body always makes me want to take better care of my appearance
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    I'm kinda "vain" ? I never leave my house without make up ! I am a hair fanatic too. My family teases me that whenever I walk by a mirror I HAVE to check myself..a sickness I know LOL!!!!! I have tons of Freckles but have learned to not mind them. They would have to laser every inch of my skin of I wanted to get rid of my freckles lololol!!
  • kimber607
    Options
    Hi,

I still have freckles but only got the very very dark weird shaped ones removed
    I hear ya about make-up..I don't wear a lot, but personally wouldn't go out of the house without a little something...I would feel naked!

Kim
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I honestly love make up but don't wear it much, as I am getting older..hush....I notice that less is more...and since I have little time to myself that works out well LMBO

when I go out on the town I'll doll up a bit more...accentuate the positives and what not LOL

I love Avon Anew line and wrinkle cream, I use it at night and omg makes your skin so soft! not oily at all...love it! I don't really wear much else except lipstick and mascara...I do love me some good lipstick...I love Chanel's lip liner in nude, goes w/ everything...and their aqualumiere lipsticks..oo la la!
    they make your lips feel so smooth and soft! worth the dough ray me:wink:

mascara I use almay one coat...love the brush and you only need one coat...ease is key w/ me LOL

sometimes I use a little concealer if I'm super tired...always...lol

I do love me some body soaps, scrubs and creams though...bath and body is my fav place to splurge! lol....

hugs!
    Ali happy beautifying! lol:flowerforyou:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    I honestly love make up but don't wear it much, as I am getting older..hush....I notice that less is more...and since I have little time to myself that works out well LMBO

when I go out on the town I'll doll up a bit more...accentuate the positives and what not LOL

I love Avon Anew line and wrinkle cream, I use it at night and omg makes your skin so soft! not oily at all...love it! I don't really wear much else except lipstick and mascara...I do love me some good lipstick...I love Chanel's lip liner in nude, goes w/ everything...and their aqualumiere lipsticks..oo la la!
    they make your lips feel so smooth and soft! worth the dough ray me:wink:

mascara I use almay one coat...love the brush and you only need one coat...ease is key w/ me LOL

sometimes I use a little concealer if I'm super tired...always...lol

I do love me some body soaps, scrubs and creams though...bath and body is my fav place to splurge! lol....

hugs!
    Ali happy beautifying! lol:flowerforyou:

Oh yes..I am a lipstick addict! Can't go through walmart without buying a new lipstick or gloss...so sad i know.. I am also a big mascara and eye lash curler addict.. If I'm going to do anything....or wear any kind of make up..that's the first thing that I put on!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    The only time I really wear make up is when I go out...not that often:ohwell:
    The rest of the time, I don't bother with it. To me, putting on make up and doing my hair, just to sit at home, is like putting an elevator in an outhouse...it just doesn't make sense.

I do splurge on good shampoo and conditioner though...I refuse to buy the cheap stuff. I have long hair and crappy shampoo makes it tangle up like a brillo pad!
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    You might enjoy this site (if you don't already know about it)

www.makeupalley.com

Tons of reviews, recommendations, make up forums and even a swap section. (Although the swap kinda freaks me out since sharing make up is never a good idea...)
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I wear very little make up for dark circles under eyes that I cant get rid of :mad: , but other than that only when going out with the girls or holiday.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Am I the only female in this world that doesn't like make-up???:grumble:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

I wear a little..but I don't use a lot. I love going to Sephora, but more for the lotions and things
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

I wear a little..but I don't use a lot. I love going to Sephora, but more for the lotions and things

I'm the same way- I do my eyes but unless it's a "special occasion" (which are few and far between) my skin stays nekid... I go au natural a lot, too- I'm not wearing any makeup in the picture in my profile w/my pup..

*blech*
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Not a huge make up fan but I wear it because of dark splotches and allergy eyes. I still haven't found a perfect type yet and I have tried alot of different ones. Overall I think I like the mineral powders including rice powder and almay.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

I'm the same way- I do my eyes but unless it's a "special occasion" (which are few and far between) my skin stays nekid... I go au natural a lot, too- I'm not wearing any makeup in the picture in my profile w/my pup..

*blech*

I think you look good in that pic..young and fresh!! LOL! (Oh, I miss those days!! :wink: )

I wear mascara and a little concealer..thats pretty much it.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

*blech*

I think you look good in that pic..young and fresh!! LOL! (Oh, I miss those days!! :wink: )

I wear mascara and a little concealer..thats pretty much it.

I was using her as a shield to hide my dog bite scar (above my eye)

I'm pretty gangsta- I got attacked by a vicious pit bull when I was little...

:tongue:

Okay, it was a collie.

named Gollie.

BUT IT HURT!!
  • kimber607
    Options
    Hi

What Tam said is true (coming from a 35yr oldie)
    You need a little make-up as you get older so u don't look dead....but I think being subtle/soft is key

Kim
  • amylebo
    amylebo Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm not a huge makeup wearer either. I rarely wear any, except for when I go out. A little mascara and concealer goes a long way. I also love my Clinique powder. Have to have it.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I can't leave the house without my whole face made up. I just purchased some makeup from QVC called Bare Minerals. I'll see how that works.