Exercise Calories Again - Sorry :(

mlb929
mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I generally work out in the AM so I know through the day what my calories will be to eat my exercise calories. I'm generally under anyway.

So yesterday, I couldn't work out in the AM - and wasn't sure I would get to in the evening so didn't want to plan ahead and add them in if my work out didn't happen.

I did get to work out and burned 400 calories - but it was 7:00 PM and I go to be at 9:00. I don't want to eat 400 calories after my dinner, I ate dinner after my work out.

So I ended up with very low calories - 700 short for the day.

Any suggestions. My goal is to double my work outs up - AM P90X with a PM run - so how do I handle this to avoid not eating enough. I don't want to anticipate my second work out as I don't have a schedule that I can always plan ahead that way.

Replies

• This is where protein bars can come in handy!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    It's one day. Don't sweat it. Just plan out your day's food, around your workouts, leaving at least a little snack within 30 minutes of your workout (mostly protein, with some carbs and a touch of fat). You'll be good!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    if its one day , i would not worry , i keep almonds with me for days like that
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    I would't sweat the difference of only 700 cals. Or just drink some milk or chocolate almond milk to boost your calories a bit.
  • Keep in mind if you are eating 5x a day to bump up your metabolism - eating at night isn't that bad. Matter of fact it helps your blood sugar not drop over night. It's not uncommon for me to take in 100-200cal just before bed at 10pm at night.
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    If you are going to try to make evening exercise a constant, then build those calories into every day, with 250 or so of them planned for after that second workout. That way, you won't be way under if you work out, and you won't be way over if you don't. Try to be sure to get at least the 1200 net calories a day, and if you are a hundred under sometimes, it's no biggie, and a couple of hundred over now and then is also not going to break the whole plan.
This discussion has been closed.