I'm confused please help!

Options
Okay in the Goals section of the website where it says Daily Calorie Deficit...is this the amount of calories I need to burn each day in order to meet my weight loss goal for the week?

Replies

• amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Nope, it is the amount of calories you WILL burn if you just meet your daily calorie goal.

Anything from exercise adds to that daily deficit.
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    That is the difference between your calories burned from normal daily activity and the calories consumed goal. There is no "need to burn each day" number. If you work out, you eat more as you will already be at a deficit by following the calorie goals.
  • Sandiweber03
    Options
    Oh okay thanks guys!:smile:
  • jadedjade24
    Options
    Great question, I was wondering the same thing lol. So, then something along these lines; Whats with the gaining calories from exercising? isnt it counter productive to eat back all that you just lost?
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It would be if you were not already cutting back your calories creating a deficit. Your body NEEDS food, and when you work out, you increase that need. You're still at a deficit. If you are sticking to your goal, you will lose weight with or without the exercise. However, getting into shape helps with the metabolism and increasing muscle, which requires more energy, and will contribute to the long term.

Eating enough is as important as not eating too much. If your body does not have the fuel it needs, it will conserve as much as possible, meaning less weight loss.
  • K3LLYSU3
    K3LLYSU3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    MooseWizard...so well said!!!
  • Sandiweber03
    Options
    Great question, I was wondering the same thing lol. So, then something along these lines; Whats with the gaining calories from exercising? isnt it counter productive to eat back all that you just lost?

I was wondering the same thing!

Mooseewizard- thanks for the great advice!