My NSV's :)

Options
I'm having a "yay me" day today, celebrating all the mini-accomplishments I've made so far. I've stopped drinking coffee (I only used to drink the 18% cream and real sugar so I switched to green tea and LOVE it!!). I drink 2 to 3 liters of water every day. I've stuck to my calories goals every day. There are cupcakes and cake sitting in the boardroom right next to my office and I haven't tried a thing. I didn't have time for breakfast and had the choice of a drive-thru or a grocery store and even though it's -28 I got out, picked up a ff yogurt and cottage cheese so that i could eat something better than I normally would (and won't be craving the cupcakes). And I've started working out and I actually enjoy it... I look like a fool trying to Turbo Jam and not knowing the moves but I don't mind since I'm working my butt off!! I know it sounds silly but I'm SO proud of myself.

What are you patting yourself on the back for recently??

Replies

• ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself! Not silly at all! :) Go you! :flowerforyou:
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    great job! I love when people recognize their NSV! It's not all about the scale! It's about health, and self-image!
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Yay you! :drinker:
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Know what you mean about looking silly and not knowing the moves, that is totally me too! But I enjoy working out so I keep going!!
    NSV's are great!! Congrats!!
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    Awesome for you; I made myself down 3 liters of water yesterday; and it showed on the scales this morning.
  • bjmk19047
    Options
    That is totally awesome! Congrats!!!

My Yay Me is: Lost 5 lbs and am in the next size smaller jeans today!
  • amandat_79
    amandat_79 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Congrats bjmk19047!! It's so exciting to fit into new sizes. I am in the process of having to get rid of my dress pants... my 18's don't stay up at all anymore and one of these days I'm not going to be able to pull them up fast enough hahaha
  • x3mommy
    x3mommy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!
    But I don't know what NSV's are... help?
  • Kristie_Dawn
    Kristie_Dawn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had to look it up. I didn't know either and still don't know for sure, but so far I've found that it's a non-scale victory. Is that right?
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of yourself!!

In 11 days I will have quit smoking for 1 year.
    I gave up drinking softdrink and juice in November.
    Today I have to go clothes shopping as nothing fits me anymore. bye bye size 20 and beyond.
  • x3mommy
    x3mommy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!