STUCK!

Options
bunnyr
bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
YIkes! I just looked at my progress and I have been bouncing between these two pounds for a month now! I am stuck! I have lost 7 pounds in 8 weeks - very slooooowww!!! But now I am not making any progress! Please help...I am bummed! :cry:

Replies

• bunnyr
    Options
    YIkes! I just looked at my progress and I have been bouncing between these two pounds for a month now! I am stuck! I have lost 7 pounds in 8 weeks - very slooooowww!!! But now I am not making any progress! Please help...I am bummed! :cry:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you allowed per day? Maybe you could cut back for 2 weeks & see if that helps:drinker:
    24167.png
  • bunnyr
    Options
    Only 1200 and if I go under I get that warning about slowing your metabolism! I am eating my exercise calories but am tempted to up my exercise and not eat those calories. Is that risky?
  • ABARNHART
    ABARNHART Posts: 25
    Options
    Bunnyr,

Don't get discouraged. Sometimes our body refuses to give up what it feels comfortable with. If you're still doing enough exercise and are eating the right amount, (remember eating too little can put you into starvation mode), it will start coming off again.

My suggestion is to add a few more minutes to your exercise routine, or change what type of exercise you are doing. I lost 50 lbs. before I started here and I often got stuck for a few weeks. In fact that's why I'm here. I decided that I needed to really focus on the calories and needed an easy place to do that.

You also need to feel good about losing 7 lbs in 8 weeks. I think it's a lot to lose. A good visual would be to take a picture of yourself, print out a picture of 7 pounds of butter, (Word has a good graphic), and put that butter on your thighs, stomach, arms, or wherever you wish. I use it all the time using only 1/4 lb sticks. I have butter all over my picture and keep it on my fridge to remind me how far I've come. Don't give up.:flowerforyou:
  • TripleB
    TripleB Posts: 4
    Options
    I have sort of had the same problem. I have been at about 10 1/2 lbs (+ or -1 lb) lost for at least a week. I am eating my 1200 calories, but trying not to eat my excercise calories. I have been excercising at least 30 minutes a day (some days 60 minutes), and at least 6 days a week, but no additional weight has come off.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know also.
  • DebaDoIt
    DebaDoIt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your body had become accustomed to your current exercise and it has learned to maintain and retain what you have. So, now you will have to increase your incline on the treadmill or add some more weights to your strength training or jog/run rather than walk and increase the distance.

Work your muscles outside of the comfort zone your body has established. Also keep in mind that 3500 calories equals 1 pound so look for ways to cut 500 calories from your diet and through exercise everyday for a week and that will equal 1 pound lost per week.
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    I hate to encourage something when I don't know where the experts stand.. However, I do input my calories burned from the gym.. and I never eat them. I stick to my 1200 a day. ... I'm still losing :bigsmile: . almost 1/2 lb a day.. and I get to eat :flowerforyou:

I would definitely be lifting some weights.. light weights.. 12-15 repetitions. I've found that since I've been lifting weights as well, I'm burning more consistently. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat. So adding more lean muscle to your body will boost your basic metabolic rate.
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    I have sort of had the same problem. I have been at about 10 1/2 lbs (+ or -1 lb) lost for at least a week. I am eating my 1200 calories, but trying not to eat my excercise calories. I have been excercising at least 30 minutes a day (some days 60 minutes), and at least 6 days a week, but no additional weight has come off.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know also.

The problem might be that you're not eating enough! Try getting all of your calories in including exercise calories and see if that helps. Also, you might need to give it a few weeks because your body is going to have to get used to having enough food again. You may even gain right at first, but don't get discouraged, just keep eating :laugh: (within reason of course:wink: )
  • bunnyr
    Options
    Thanks everyone! ABARNHART - you are such an inspiration! I guess I was so frustrated with being stuck I forgot to appreciate the progress I had made! I am going to add more exercise and try to eat better foods (not fewer calories). This site is such an encouragement! I am going to a funeral in Texas Thursday and will be off line for 5 days! Kindof scary, but I will think of you all and be good :smile: