Saying HI from N. Georgia

NanaML
NanaML Posts: 14
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there! Newbie here too but highly inspired by a friend who has lost 30+ lb in the past three months. I have been this same weight (within 10 lb) for the past 3 years but it's 30-35 lb. more than I think it should be. I am VERY active and I always have been. I have ALWAYS struggled with my weight and most recently, I have done Weight Watchers to the letter and lost 7.5 lb. in 3 weeks and on the 4th week GAINED 2.2 lb. WHAT?? Even with a lot of workout DVD's and walking 1-3 hours per day in the hills around here at a 4-5 mph pace, I can't seem to lose the weight. I HATE it!

So, trying something new. I am trying to get back into running slowly and smartly (I hope) so I can avoid injuries) but even when I ran marathons, I was never really thin. I'm 58 years old and I don't act old but I don't expect to have the body of a 20 year old. Heck, I didn't even have that kind of body when I was 20!!! LOL!!! But I need to stop feeling like a whale,

Hope my new found motivation and keeping things up here will be what I need. I am making healthier choices in food too.

Replies

• Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Hey there and hi from Central Georgia!

Good luck with your goals I'm sure that you will reach it in no time flat :)
  • NanaML
    Hey there and hi from Central Georgia!

Good luck with your goals I'm sure that you will reach it in no time flat :)

thanks! Hope to! Good luck to you too!
  • Saying Hi from Virginia. Been lazy for a while and it's time for motivation and change. Any support is appreciated! :)
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Welcome....West Central Ga here! Great site, tons of tools and lots of support!
  • NanaML
    Saying Hi from Virginia. Been lazy for a while and it's time for motivation and change. Any support is appreciated! :)

You bet! I 'll help you...you help me!! :)
  • NanaML
    Welcome....West Central Ga here! Great site, tons of tools and lots of support!

Thanks! Macon area?
This discussion has been closed.