Weston A Price

Options
Hello!

Any fans out here of Weston A Price? I've been reading up a lot on the nutritional beliefs spurred by his research, and a lot of it makes sense. I've tried looking up long term outcomes, etc, though for people that follow that style of eating and haven't really found anything....

I'm a little confused because I've spent the past year working on really losing weight, and was successful but tired all of the time. Now that I've spent the past month or so following basic Weston A Price nutritional guidelines I have a lot more energy but have stopped losing weight...and I'm not at a healthy weight (approx 225) so still have a long ways to go.

Replies

• liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Are you eating the amount of calories that MFP says? and are you exercising? I flipped over and went through some of his articles, and I think that if you are eating healthy as it says and watching the calories and exercising, it shouldn't affect your weight loss.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Yes! There is a lot of research that compliments the position of the W.A.P. Foundation.

That said, I try to eat about 90% "real" food & have actually had very quick weight loss (about 50lbs in 3 months)... I think one of the issues though, when eating such nutritionally-dense, higher calorie foods is that true measurements using weight (ie. using a kitchen scale) become really important. Eyeballing & using measuring spoons/cups can easily add hundreds of calories throughout the day without realizing it - do you think that could be what's happening?
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Yes! There is a lot of research that compliments the position of the W.A.P. Foundation.

That said, I try to eat about 90% "real" food & have actually had very quick weight loss (about 50lbs in 3 months)... I think one of the issues though, when eating such nutritionally-dense, higher calorie foods is that true measurements using weight (ie. using a kitchen scale) become really important. Eyeballing & using measuring spoons/cups can easily add hundreds of calories throughout the day without realizing it - do you think that could be what's happening?

You know, that could definitely be it! I'm going to be extra diligent with measuring by weight.