Lifting dumbells/strength training

SunLove8
SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
How come it doesn't show up as any calories burned when I enter all the information that I did bicep curls and other types of lifting my dumbells? I also did lunges and crutches holding my dumbells; entered my info and and nothing showed up as calories burned except if I logged the crutches without dumbells.

Replies

• "Strength training" is listed under cardiovascular exercise. Who knows why? Maybe instead of "cardio" they ought to label it "calorie burning activities". The strength training section seems to only be for tracking your advancement in weight lifted, etc.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    I log everything under cardio cuz if u log it under strength....it's just that....strength (not supposed to burn cals but u know u do!)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Well when I wear my HRM when I do strength training, I actualy burn very little calories--but you just have to know that those muscles you are building will burn fat for the rest of the day. That is why I try to do both cardio and weight training so that I burn calories and take care of my heart as well as work on my lean, sexy muscles to burn fat.
  • SunLove8
    Oh alright, all of that makes sense. I was confused after my husband and I entered all that info in and it didn't count anything burned. Thank you!
  • SunLove8
    I log everything under cardio cuz if u log it under strength....it's just that....strength (not supposed to burn cals but u know u do!)

Gotcha. When I went back under exercise and entered it under cardio it showed up as calories burned; however, I'll have to do some more research because it doesn't give an accurate result, for it doesn't have you enter the amount of weights lifted. Hmmph. Thank you for the heads up!
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    http://www.internetfitness.com/calculators/calburncalc.htm

it lists strength training. So if I do 20 mins vigorous lifting then it roughly 100 cals. You can add with the quick tools and the specifics I add to the notes section.
  • SunLove8
    http://www.internetfitness.com/calculators/calburncalc.htm

it lists strength training. So if I do 20 mins vigorous lifting then it roughly 100 cals. You can add with the quick tools and the specifics I add to the notes section.

Thank you! That helps bunches!
This discussion has been closed.