Logging work related exercise - HELP???

Options
Hi,
I work at a school doing speech/language therapy. Every 25-30 minutes I walk to a classroom to return a child, then to another classroom to pick up another child, then back to my room. I haven't timed it but guesstimating it's a 5 minute walk, total (at least). I do this 11-12 time per day. Can this be logged as exercise and how much to I log? It's not strenuous by any means and not overly fast - these are Nursery to Grade 4 students. I would like any input on how best to count this. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Replies

• Nicolekp
    Nicolekp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be to wear a pedometer. Then you could calculate the distance by the steps you took throughout the day. Hope this helps.:bigsmile:
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I don't log the extra walking I do at work unless I am doing it on a break fro cardio exercie b/c it's my normal rutine. However if you do wnat to log it. I woudl time how long each walk takes for a day then pick an average then log it as walking 2.0 slow pace.
  • LizardIsANerd
    Options
    Did you put yourself as active at work because of this? If so, it has already been counted.
  • Amcantar
    Amcantar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This post seems very familiar, did you post a similar topic around a month ago? Either way, sounds like you are "lightly active"; a job that is seated, but you are still on your feet every once in a while. If you are on your feet all the time, set it as Active. Your allotted calories will change accordingly. But you cannot double dip and set your lifestyle as active, and then count your everyday lifestyle as exercise.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Did you put yourself as active at work because of this? If so, it has already been counted.

ditto