Short latina woman who loves loves loves food....Hi!!

natalie39
natalie39 Posts: 6
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all my name is Natalia. I have many questions and I am in need of advice for certain situations so I decided to give this site a try. Staying motivated is an issue for me, but I think my biggest issue in the past has been nasty tasting diet foods. So let me ask, can you eat healthy and still have taste? And on a budget. It seems like it costs more to eat healthier than it does to go to Wendy's. I would like to prepare foods that my kids would like to eat too. Any suggestions?

Make it a great day!!!

Replies

• TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Welcome to MFP! You can look on the forums for recipes. I'm a foodie and find it difficult at times to say no to rich foods. But, finally decided I would not have to say no if I prepared myself by getting in cardio beforehand if I know I'm eating out. Avoiding fast food is a big rule for me. I have found that purchasing a lot of fresh fruit and easy finger vegis like snap peas and carrots available to keep in the house for snacks for everyone. It helps to give me the time to make a healthy dinner for the family. One that includes a lot of vegetables and less red meat than we used to have. You can totally have good tasting foods while dieting. Use lots of herbs, spices and olive oil that is healthy. Cut out as much as possible of any grease or greasy foods. My diary is open. I've been bad lately but feel free to friend me to see what I eat and the calorie counts. You can also email me for recipes or for support. You can do this. You've already take the first step by signing up.
This discussion has been closed.