MFP Newbie - Can I do it? I think so!

Options
Hey everyone! I am a 32 yr old (soon to be 33) mother of 4. I just started MFP two weeks ago after ringing in the New Year at 184 lbs. (5' - 6") Yikes! I tried going it alone for a couple weeks only to lose 1 lb. Then debated on joining a health club but...working full time and having 4 kids doesn't leave a lot of time for that. That's when I found MFP. I had my husband move my elliptical machine from the basement to right beside my bed, now I have to look at it every morning and every night. (Yes, it taunts me!) Surprisingly, I have been on that thing almost everyday since I've started here. I've lost 6 lbs. in the last two weeks, and the phone app has been awesome for tracking calories and making me SEE what I actually eat in a day. I've read so many encouraging posts on here and am excited to be a part of this community...I just hope I have an awesome SUCCESS story to post someday too! CW is 177 - Goal one is to be to 170 by my 33rd birthday (almost 4 wks away). Goal two is to be down to 140 by 07/04/11. I'm gonna give it my best!

Replies

• millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
    I am 31 with 4 kids too! I love this site and all the wonderful people here. Take a look around and use the great tools this site has to offer. You can do it!!! Trust me if I could you can to! lol :laugh:
  • missmmaynes
    missmmaynes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is awesome! Everyone is here for the same reason and the support is amazing! Good luck! I'll be rooting for you!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Welcome and glad your here. And yes you can do it. I have faith.
  • clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Good luck - I'm sure you can do it!

I joined here when I tipped the scales at 185 and had pretty much the same reaction you describe. Have lost 20lbs so far and I can honestly say that without the help and support on here, I'd have given up ages ago.

C
  • Suzeesmu
    Suzeesmu Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great start - you can do it and the support here on MFP is Great!!