Heard about MFP from a friend...

czar1978
czar1978 Posts: 83
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all.

I joined this site because I need all the extra support I can get to stay on track with my eating and fitness habits.

I never had much of a problem controlling my weight when I was younger. I was very active and could whatever I wanted. My mom cautioned me, “Just wait until you’re older! It’ll catch up with you!” And her prediction has come true!

I left a physically demanding job for one where I sit in front of a computer for eight hours a day. I gained nearly 30 pounds since my husband returned home from Iraq. I don’t keep up with the exercise regimen I used to. Now, as I approach my 30th birthday, I find myself having to lose more than 30 pounds. So, I am looking use this Web site and the inspiration of all of you who have benefited from it to turn my lifestyle around; to make a change for the better and to stick with it.

Replies

• czar1978
    czar1978 Posts: 83
    Hi all.

I joined this site because I need all the extra support I can get to stay on track with my eating and fitness habits.

I never had much of a problem controlling my weight when I was younger. I was very active and could whatever I wanted. My mom cautioned me, “Just wait until you’re older! It’ll catch up with you!” And her prediction has come true!

I left a physically demanding job for one where I sit in front of a computer for eight hours a day. I gained nearly 30 pounds since my husband returned home from Iraq. I don’t keep up with the exercise regimen I used to. Now, as I approach my 30th birthday, I find myself having to lose more than 30 pounds. So, I am looking use this Web site and the inspiration of all of you who have benefited from it to turn my lifestyle around; to make a change for the better and to stick with it.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    :flowerforyou:
    Welcome!! This place is a great motivator to eat right and quit all of the nasty habits that we have that keep us from being at our best. Helps that there are a ton of awesome people here that will rock your socks!! :glasses: :wink:

See you around and good luck!
    M
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    HELLO and WELCOME.. MI girl here too.. lol.... This is a great site and funny too.. GOOD LUCK:bigsmile:
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Welcome!!! It is a great way to stay motivated and more accountable for your eating and exercise habits. At first, I thought "Ok, I'll do the diet thing." However, it has turned into a lifestyle change for me. I'm a little addicted to reading about nutrition (if no one has notice yet:happy: ), watching shows about it, FitTV is cool:happy: , and learning as much as I can to stay ahead of the game.
  • georgiaj
    georgiaj Posts: 59
    hi

16623.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Welcome you can find great people and plenty of support. :drinker:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
    There are a lot of great people here to support and motivate and plenty of great tips.
  • Mrsace13
    Mrsace13 Posts: 31 Member
    Welcome. I just signed in today as well and everyone has been so nice with their comments and help. I really think we are going to like it here.
  • Welcome to the club!! I'm experiencing everything you said! I find this site to be super supportive and very insightful with great tips on "dieting"! What I really like about this site is everyone is so nice and I've learned so much already from everyones blogs! Like you I also just turn another year old and I have gained 50 ILBS!! Now my goals is to drop that 5o ILBS by my next birthday! :ohwell:

If you're looking for a great support system, than look no further! You definetly hit the jack pot!! Congrats on the first steps and I will be looking forward to hearing your progress!!

Best of Luck!!:bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.