GOSH I love food!

Options
Hi everyone!

Well I've been here around a month and a half, and I'm very happy with my results so far! I work out every day, I eat well, and sleep well, and I've lost the extra 10 lbs I had hanging on!

And what I'm really finding is that, while I always loved food, now I just savour every morsel! Eating is like a sacred ritual for me now haha! ...I don't eat on the run, every meal is thought out, and every snack, too...so somehow they all feel special. I look forward to eating and when I do, I enjoy every bite. I have to close my eyes sometimes, it's just so overwhelming! And jeez I'm mostly eating awesome, good-for-me stuff! If someone told me 3 months ago that eating a salad with walnuts, apples, goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette would be something close to a religious experience, I would have laughed at them!
What's even cooler is that I don't have my familiar urges to overeat...if I'm hungry, I eat...and somehow it's very easy to get my water in, when just a few months ago, drinking two glasses of water a day was a challenge!

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks all, and happy MFP'ing! :)

Tree

Replies

• Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    I hear ya!! It started happening for me last summer when we bought into our first CSA and the veggies came fresh each and every week and I scoured recipe books for new and exciting ways to prepare veggies. The food was fresh and the taste, like you said, nearly a religious experience! LOL!!!

I can't even think of a fast food burger anymore. YUKKY!!!!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I used to inhale food, and never enjoyed it. Even whenIi thought it was something I was really craving. Now that I appreciate food so much more I eat slowly and enjoy every bite. And now I realize just how gross tasting that crap I was eating really tasted. No wonder I ate so fast!
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    YEAH!
    It's like the better foods are...fixing something that was broken by all the crap I was eating!

For me, it's probably the best reward of this whole experience...learning what food is supposed to do for me.

Haha thanks for letting me know I'm not alone! :)
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Well lucky for you, you only had 10 lbs. to lose. I have a lot more to lose.

Here recently I started this cleansing diet. It is wear you eliminate a lot of food such as beef, pork, caffeine, sweeteners (artificial, sugar, honey, etc...), certain fruits and nuts, no flour and so on. Anyway for the past 11 days now I have been drinking nothing but water, which was very hard for me to do because I hate water. I loved diet coke and coffee, but now that I have been doing this for 11 days, I don't crave foods and I am up to the recommended amount (8 glasses) a day. Yay!
    I will never drink another diet coke again because it is just like an alcoholic all it takes is one and I am back drinking them constantly.
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hm interesting...so time seems to be a really important thing. And like you, I eliminated a bunch of stuff too...not so much for weight loss, but for overall health. I no longer crave sweets, which is amazing for me...cake, pie or cookies was a part of every single day for me.
    Keep it up, Lorri! I know what you mean about hating water, but like you am doing well there. It just becomes habit, I think.
    Out of curiosity, are you feeling different? Better?
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Hm interesting...so time seems to be a really important thing. And like you, I eliminated a bunch of stuff too...not so much for weight loss, but for overall health. I no longer crave sweets, which is amazing for me...cake, pie or cookies was a part of every single day for me.
    Keep it up, Lorri! I know what you mean about hating water, but like you am doing well there. It just becomes habit, I think.
    Out of curiosity, are you feeling different? Better?

Thank you for the words of encouragement!! And yes I feel so much better. I am not sluggish feeling anymore. I think over time we get the nasty containments out of our bodies. I am trying to go all natural and fresh foods; without preservatives, hormones, antibiotics, etc… I want to lose weight, be healthy and feel great.