Last minute birthday party - I think I'll ditch!

charityateet
charityateet Posts: 574 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
My husband got a call at work from his brother telling him that he and his gf are having a birthday party for our 10 yr old niece tonight. I don't think it's her birthday - but he gets her (custody) today. There will be pizza, cake and ice cream. What the hell? I have dinner planned already - home made low fat chili and baked potatoes w/steamed vegis - I have my calorie count all added up in my head......and besides, what the crap am I supposed to get for a present last minute?? She's totally spoiled, with divorced parents - she got 2 computers for Christmas!

Tuesdays are hard for husband and me, he has hockey at 9 and gets off about 6:30 (time of the party) so I try to have dinner done by 7 - so he can go on a not too full stomach - I think that we'll show up when he gets off of work (so much for him being able to clean up) and give hugs and kisses, say we had plans for dinner - hang out for a few and come back home and have our reg. scheduled dinner.

Am I being a *****? Oh, and I don' t care if it is a little TMI - I was planning on having some *quality* time with husband, if you know what I mean. LOL

Replies

• elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    With such last-minute notice I think it's perfectly fine to visit, say hello, give your best wishes, then go home to eat. :smile:
  • MzBlake
    MzBlake Posts: 3 Member
    Nope you are not... being an a***..:explode: .. eat you low calorie meal.:drinker: .. and take a deep breath and keep it moving.:drinker: .. I have been there...
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Sounds like a plan ... I would definitely opt for "quality time" over a kids birthday party.
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    home made low fat chili and baked potatoes w/steamed vegis .
    I had the same thing for lunch. And I think that since you was Just informed of this the day of, that it would be okay to swing by and not eat anything. You already have things planned out, anyways.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 574 Member
    Now I'm excited to go, pop in - say hey, hugs and kisses and be on our way. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.