My sis naming her baby!

Options
What do you do if your sis is going to name her baby the same name you picked out for your baby that your going to have in the future? I know its 50/50 chance on having a baby boy or girl. I had this name picked out for the last 3 yrs for a boy.

The name if its a boy will be Ethan Ian Anthony McCormick. That's the name I've had for 3yrs pick out. Now my sis wants to name her baby Ethan. What do I do?

Replies

• casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    What do you do if your sis is going to name her baby the same name you picked out for your baby that your going to have in the future? I know its 50/50 chance on having a baby boy or girl. I had this name picked out for the last 3 yrs for a boy.

The name if its a boy will be Ethan Ian Anthony McCormick. That's the name I've had for 3yrs pick out. Now my sis wants to name her baby Ethan. What do I do?
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    It sucks when siblings have babys before you.. best thing i can say is after this one.. dont tell anyone what u want to name your child.... all the names i like are almost all picked by relatives and friends do to me not having my kids yet... go figure... tell her how you feel and see what happens... thats the best advice i can give :bigsmile:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Hi

Did she know you had 'tibs' on the name?
    IF NOT, I think she should get to use if it she has a boy first...
    Just my .02...

Kim
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Drop the Ethan... I like the Ian Anthony!!!
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    Drop the Ethan... I like the Ian Anthony!!!

Agreed! I think that's really cute!:happy:
  • casey34472
    Options
    Yes my sis knew about the name that I wanted. I told her how I feel about it but she didn't say she was or wasn't going to use that name.Sucks. Well than their is going to be two Ethan in the family. Ian Anthony is my husband name so I do want my child to have his own first name.
  • Gorgeous
    Gorgeous Posts: 248
    Options
    Try having 13 niceces and nephews
    and at leats 5 of them have names you want FOR YOUR BABY :grumble:
  • casey34472
    Options
    Well try having 42 first cousins and 16 aunts and uncles. Most names are already taken. Well if I have a boy its going to be named Ethan. I've had that name picked out for 3 yrs and it will be anther 4 yrs before I start having kids.:mad:
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    My aunt and I had boys two months apart. Mine is William Jackson (Will), hers John Jackson (Jack). Another cousin is Lawrence Jackson (Lawrence). My uncle went by Jackie and my grandfather by Jack. There was a Great Uncle Andrew Jackson. There are only the three younger ones left but it is wonderful to know that the different generations claim the same name.

Then there is my hubby's side- my son William, My hubby is David William, my fil is William N., his father was William B., his father was Wm. Jr. and his father was Wm.

My second son is the fourth generation Joseph and the second Rowland.

My daughter's middle name is ElizabethAnn- Elizabeth for my mom, my grandmother, my hubby's grandma, my niece and my sister. Ann is for my mil, my sil, my sister, and countless aunts, great aunts and etc.

my children may have names like others in the family BUT they are proud that they do. What makes it interesting is the fact that my son and his grandfather Wm use the same hospital/dr group so all appointments must be made with their b-days.
  • casey34472
    Options
    Well I'm naming my child that name if I have a boy. So if she want to name her boy that than so be it. Than we will have to Ethan than. It just suck cuz she is my only sibling and we're going to have the same boy names.:mad: