NSV - Back into my old clothes

Options
So this isn't a major victory but I've been avoiding the work clothes I bought in September because about 2 weeks after I bought them I couldn't fit into them anymore. :noway: I've also been feeling a little discouraged about my weight loss lately because even though I'm excited about the number on the scale, I haven't dropped any sizes in clothes yet (Size 12 pants/Large tops).

Lo and behold when I went to get ready for work this morning I decided to try on my size 10 skirt and medium button up top that has been banished to the back of my closet since Septemeber and IT FIT!!! :happy: Could still stand to be a tad bit looser but I don't look like a hippo trying to fit into a tub sock and that's all that matters to me :laugh:

I would have given up a while ago if it weren't for all the support I get from everyone on this site and now I'm looking forward to hopefully dropping another size soon!

(Now if only I had shaved my legs last night before deciding to wear a skirt....probably should have worn tights today :blushing: )

Replies

• TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    congrats :o) visualizing a hippo squeezing into a tube sock made me LoL
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I try on somting that was too tight almost every weekend. I get so excited when something old fits again. espically since my size 20s are so big I could fit another person in them now :)

Keep up the good work!
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    thats great!!
    thats how i was too.i had lost 30 something lbs and was still wearing the same size...curiosity got me and i tried on the jeans i've had hidden in my closet for 4 years and they FIT! i didnt think i was down a size because the fat jeans still fit...but the next size down fit! and this weekend i tried on a size smaller than the pair ive been wearing to see how far i was from it, and it FIT....you just gotta keep trying on smaller clothes and surprising yourself! way to go!!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    aww thats great!! you must be very proud, thats a really good feeling!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!