Will you open your diary to friends?

Options
2»

Replies

• tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. It's a very personal thing, whether to open or not. But I do love to look at others diaries for ideas. That's how I got hooked on endamame, and then got someone else hooked by looking at my diary! I love that aspect of open diaries.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Meh, mine's privet and I'm 100% honest with myself.
  • jmecale72
    Options
    Being that I'm new here...I don't mind showing people my diary. If this is going to be a real community, then it would be beneficial to see everyone to see others diaries. Just my two cents...
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Mine is public, I log everything, as you said..no point being here if we are cheating ourselves is there!

Although I changed my diary headings, makes it a bit more interesting for others...lol

Ben

Love it! Very funny, Ben!
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to everyone. I use to have it private, but decided there is no point in hiding it any more. If you look through it, you will notice that I don't keep very good track on weekends because these are my free days (by free I don't mean eat whatever I want, but I just dont keep track of everything. I still hold myself accountable for what I eat just not tracking it) Before I opened it up I was afraid that people would judge me, but I have come to realize most people are like me and not perfect. Take today for example: I was doing really well and thought I could have one cookie, but it turned into 2 cookies and some chips. I'm NOT going over my calories for the day since I worked out this morning, but I feeling like crap physically and mentaly for eating the cookies :cry: Lesson learned, so no need to hide it.
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Mine is public.

I've been pretty darn successful on this site, so I figure I may as well have it public so other people can take a look and be reassured / get ideas / see that even eating out and sometimes having cake and such can still fit into a healthy lifestyle change-- (I'm definitely one of the people with less-than-saintly eating habits, even now).
  • Sheltie4
    Sheltie4 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yes mine is open too. Sometimes I wish it was not - especially when I look at the nights when we are entertaining or out for dinner. So much wine - but there it is - you have to bad sometimes to realise when you are being good.

That is my excuse!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I am really honest in mine. I track everything in it, good, bad or ugly. It's the only way I can work out what does and doesn't work for me. I've also changed the headings.

And it's open to the public.
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Mine is public, and I am happy to be friends with you - i only have one and it is my husband :)

I track everything I eat, the only exception is if we decide to go out to dinner and specifically not track what we eat. Sometimes you just don't to be THOSE people, and just enjoy the food someone else has cooked for you.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Mine is public BUT I only use it to gauge up until I get home. I pack a bunch of stuff, enter what I eat or feel like eating then I do the rest from memory since I eat pretty much the same few things all the time. I know exactly the portions I need to fill in any gaps. I eat mostly veggies from 5PM on anyways. Since I'm a Paleo, there really is no counting of calories if you keep it pretty strict. It's hard to over-eat when you can eat all the veggies and fruit you want and get your protein needs. I always have protein or almonds/walnuts(fats) before fruit to slow the insulin response.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I think I have mine open to everyone :) Feel free to look LOL
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just recently opened my diary to friends. The reason why it wasn't open to friends before was because I didn't want to feel judged. It's my decision what I want to eat and I don't want someone looking at my food diary and determining whether I could have done better. But, on the other hand, I do want to be held accountable to eat not only under my caloric limit but to make healthy nutritious choices most of the time. So now it's open to friends and ready for feedback...
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to everyone. Mine is all over the place, I rarely have the same thing. I realize I do not always put spices in my diary. For better or for worse. Mostly out of laziness. I track mostly everything, but not stuff like cough drops or cough medicine. Or water. Or tea. Ok, all food stuff, I am iffy on the calorie free stuff. Check it out.
    I cook a lot, but you sometimes I go overboard.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    A friend in the same boat won't judge. They will offer options or insight when you struggle. Just like a good friend, boss, or mentor won't judge. They offer suggestions rooted in knowledge and experience. In the end, it's your choice as to what you do with those offerings. I've tried mounds of advice in my decades at all of them. Some pan out, some don't. But when your stuck, not trying something different just leaves you stuck.
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    Mine is public and I try to use it to plan out all my meals. However that being said I do change it during the course of the day depending on how I feel and what I feel like. I am honest in it, you will see a day with 7 beers in it. I am moving to an all clean diet, however some unclean stuff sneaks in because I won't throw out food. All my shopping is clean now, so everything will clean up eventually.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends. I'm not really worried about accountability. I don't need other people to keep me accountable since I'm accountable to myself. I track everything I'm eating (or adding to food), I've been staying under my cals, sodium and fat every day, and haven't overdone anything. If I can't be honest with myself in tracking my daily food, then being accountable to Sally915 from Texas isn't going to change that. That is how I think of it - everybody has their own way of looking at it, so your mileage may vary.
  • Ambria0516
    Options
    I had a friend ask to make our FD public and I like the idea. Mine is viewable to my friends so please feel free to add me. I would also love to see what others do. It keeps me accountable and honest.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have mine open to friends. I think it's kind of silly to NOT open it to friends honestly. we're all here for the same thing---to be healthy. I'm sure people can understand if someone has a bad day, etc. And I'm certainly not going to judge people based on what they eat...that's on them.

I totally agree! some of my friends have closed theirs, im not sure why... maybe theyre lying about their intake haha. We're all here fo the same thing and i find it really helpful!