hitting a wall

Options
So I started doing this Mfp thing back in November, and since then I have lost 22lbs. I am very happy about my weight loss, but I have now hit that infamous wall that everyone speaks of. I'm having a really tough time getting past this wall, I figure sharing this with you all might help me get motivated again. For the past 3 weeks i have had no weight loss, and it's really beginning to be a downer. Since I lost my motivation I have been going over my calorie goals consistently, and I can't get the motivation to get up and exercise. Also a factor in my laziness is the weather, its very cold and snowy here, so I don't go outside to get my exercise. I dont know what else to do. I could really use some suggestions. I have prom coming up in about 4 months and I really need to loose 4 dress sizes.

Replies

• chrissy122g
    chrissy122g Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you..I have lost 6lbs since Jan 5th.. and have not moved since...I am still eating the same and making sure my exercise is in...it is so frustrating!!!
  • lbissett79
    lbissett79 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    you have to look at the big picture here.... you have lost a tremendous amount of weight already. If you give up now because of a small bump you will regret it come prom time. You have a goal set for yourself you need to think ahead and picture yourself achieving that goal and being 4 dress sizes down. You are too far along in this lifestyle change to give up now. You need to care about yourself more because if you quit yourself what else is there?
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Dont be defeated by the scale. If it is too cold to be outside look grab an exercise tape or dvd and have at in the house. As long a you make good choices for good health the scale will eventually have to submit to your will and the number will go down!!!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Shake up your diet a bit - like nothing but protein for a day or two. Find a way to exercise - shovel snow (its on the data base - smile). Add some out loud verbal affirmations that you say to the mirror several times a day - I am xxxxxxx. I am motivated to xxxx.
    The affirmations do wonders if you keep them up, they help create your reality.
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm with the same problem, it's been two months with no weight loss, tried everything but still nothing works, but don't be discouraged! Take your measures and see if you are still losing inches, at least I did, also try to vary your workout routine, if the weather doesn't accompany you, use an exercise dvd like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred =) but don't abandon your diet, as Janalayn said, as long as you are doing everything right the scale will eventually show it! :D
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm sorry if this is not what you want to hear but...SUCK IT UP! Chuck your scale into the waste bin, get your act together and do what you know you can do.

Plenty of people have gone through this, including me- I didn't lose for 4 weeks straight and then gained .5 lb. It happens. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, get get back to what you know you can do!

And you chrissy122g I need to let you know you are proly not at a plateau- 6lbs since Jan 5 is a lot. What have you had 1 week where you didn't lose? Your body- your organs they need time to adjust in size around the weight you've lost.

Anywho, I'm not usually for this approach, but this all here, its excuses. When you want it bad enough- you'll go out and get it.