Trying to lose medication weight

enwethiel
enwethiel Posts: 13 Member
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Sam(antha) and I have recently gained 75lbs in 6 months due to medications that I have to be on. I was already technically "overweight" at 180lbs (I am 5'8"), so this extra gain has been a huge problem. I re-joined the gym and have worked myself up to 3x per week (alternating circuit training with weights + 30 minutes on the eliptical with 60 minutes on the eliptical), and if I get to the gym tonight as planned it will be my 4th time this week! I am also planning on integrating 2 days of yoga into my routine, and working out 5-7 times a week. I have tried other sites, but this one plus the app for my new iPhone seem to be helping a ton. I have reduced my calorie intake and increased my activity level a lot since I started using myfitnesspal. I'm at 141 right now, 14lbs lower than my peak weight. I hope to continue feel motivated to go to the gym, and continue down the path I started. I hope this community can help.

Replies

• cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    i didn't gain that much weight but i did gain 20 pounds on my seizure meds and dropped it and got pregnant and then dropped that. i only wanted to lose 15 pounds and in 6 weeks ive lost 6 pounds. the people here are amazing and the site is great. feel free to friend me. good luck and welcome.
This discussion has been closed.