Zumba

Options
Anyone tried it? Looks fun but you know.

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    ive been twice now, i LOVE IT!!! quite strenuous but soo much fun :D u shud defo give it a go if u can

best wishes

Kirstie x
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I fully recommend Zumba to everyone! It's the best workout, because it's so much fun. Takes a bit to get the moves down, but the best part is that any movement is good movement, so the better you get, the more calories you burn. It's absolutely awesome. I do Zumba twice a week, I'm actually about to head to my class right now, and I'm so excited. I'd definitely try it, if I were you!
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I'm in the market for a video...I don't have a gym and wouldn't be able to take class. But I would LOVE to have one of the videos to mix up my current workout. I don't know what to get, though. There's so much Zumba out there!
  • wilmelenne
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA! Its in my exercise schedule twice a week. I used to dance so I get the choreography a lot faster than most but even if you don't get it first off just move your body and shake your hips...you're still losing calories! I have always been more active and athletic so I can only burn like 500 calories max doing zumba, but I hear some people burn up to 900 calories doing it...Either way it's super fun!
  • AADLONG
    Options
    I do it on the wii on my time. It is a blast and you can't help but laugh at yourself at first.
  • kellius
    Options
    I warn everyone about Zumba - don't try it because you will be HOOKED! :happy:

I am COMPLETELY addicted to it. Just got back from a class in fact. It is TERRIFIC!

Zumba is quite the workout - I am always drenched 15 minutes into class - but it is FUN! Doesn't feel like exercise at ALL. I usually am disappointed when I realize that yes indeed, and entire HOUR has passed and class is over. I would do Zumba every day if I could!
  • jillbyrd
    jillbyrd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a library? I checked out several Zumba DVD's and used the best ones...free. If you want to continue, then you will know which ones to buy.
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love Zumba!
    I purchased the boxset of DVDs for 59.99 straight from the Zumba website. It comes with 4 discs and 2 shaker sticks for when you're ready to tone up. I find it more convenient for me to be able to do it at home. I've been doing it faithfully for the past 2 weeks. I do the 20 minute express 3 days and the 50 minute cardio party on the other 2 days. I usually take sat & sun off form working out. It's really fun, and yeah you mess up and don't do everything perfectly, but you're continually burning calories. They say 1 hour of Zumba can burn up to 1000 calories! I'll put the link on here for where I ordered my dvds if anyones interested in checking it out! Everyone I know loves it. It makes working out something to look forward to! Even my 3 year old son asks if I'm going to put it on so he can dance with me! lol Good luck!

http://www.zumba.com/us/
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    LOVE Zumba! Just not sure what to classify it under in our exercise. Anyone know?
  • revkar
    revkar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love zumba and couldn't live w/o it! It's a blast and you can burn 800-1000 calories in 1hr class. (depends on how hard you work it) I can see & feel changes in my waistline.

good luck...have fun!
  • adair2bthin
    adair2bthin Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the link - sounds like a fun way to workout. Would probably try to do at home, has anyone else tried it with the wii?
  • jag325
    jag325 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm actually leaving in 10 minutes to head to my Zumba class. It is so much fun and definitely rewarding. The more into it you are, the more calories you burn. You can burn up to 800 calories doing Zumba in an hour! I hope you try it out! I guarantee you'll get hooked after the first class!
  • jag325
    jag325 Posts: 11
    Options
    Just type in Zumba under the cardio exercise section. It's there!
  • adair2bthin
    adair2bthin Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thanks thanks thanks - can't wait to start
  • Hello, my name is Cindy, and I am ADDICTED to Zumba...lol
    I love Zumba!!! I do Zumba 4x a week. Last night I burned 703 calories in 50 minutes.
  • icandoityesican
    Options
    I Love zumba!!! But it's not in the exercise tracker!!!
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    my zumba dvd's came in the mail yesterday.. i can't wait til i get the moves down so that i can really start burning and losing.. i am on day 2 and it just makes me smile while i'm sweating!! i hope you try it.. it's really fun!
  • danibowron
    danibowron Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Zumba is the best - it is totally addicting. But at first the moves can be hard and you spend so much time trying to get them that you're not moving that much. Once you get the basic steps down though, you will SWEAT. And then you'll look up at the clock and the class will almost be over.

I like doing Zumba at the gym more than at home. At the gym the music is loud and people are WOO-HOOing all over the place. I've made friends at the classes and I cannot wait to go each week. It really is like a party!

Enjoy!
  • chelle1a
    Options
    I can't find it there..
  • chelle1a
    Options
    Just type in Zumba under the cardio exercise section. It's there!

I can't find it there