Always in the red....

Options
Man, I can't seem to get through one day without being in the red in my food diary....

Replies

• TiffanyAml
    Options
    what are you eating? Try more protein enriched foods, and foods from the earth. I just had the best spinach and shrimp mushroom salad for 180 calories and felt totally satisfied an healthy!
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    is it all your diary or just parts? if so what parts?
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    cals as well as other things or proteins+ fibre?

im usually over on my protein and fibre but i dont worry too much about it

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should rethink your eating and exercise plan, be more realistic. Give yourself more time to reach your weight goals. Chances are, if you do that you will be able to reach them with more self satisfaction, change your eating style and maintain your weight loss. There's nothing wrong with a second take.
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you can't eat less without getting hungry eat more protein and try to sneak some more exercise into your day - 30 mins walking burns nearly 190 calories.
  • gina205
    gina205 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You could try eating every couple of hours and planning your meals ahead of time. I also check the database before I eat something to see if I can. Lots of water helps too. Hope that helps!
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What are you in the red on? Some things are ok to be in the red on (calcium, vitamins, fiber to name a few), while others will be detrimental to your weight loss journey. Also what do you have your weight loss goals set at? If they are too 'high' for just starting out, perhaps lowering your expectations in the beginning and working up to them will help you be successful.
  • Wandami
    Wandami Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My diary is public if anyone has any suggestions. Please and ty...=0)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary. Being in the red on protein is not a problem. MFP has a low recommendation for protein. It's ok to go over on that. I see that a couple of days you've gone very slightly over on sugar or fat -- 3 g is not a problem. Those numbers actually look really good to me.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If you're diary is accurate it seems to me like you're doing just fine :) I looked up until last Saturday and you were always under your cals if a little over in other areas. Even then it didn't seem to be much, mainly protein and sugar. You're sugar also seems to be from mints/sweets? and fruit, fruit has naturally occuring sugars and is not a bad thing. Also, if you are doing exercise you're body appreciates the extra protein (several posts I have seen on here talk about regularly going over on protein and how MFP sets these amounts really low as it is)
    Personally, I think the only thing that will matter with weight loss is the calorie amounts. It is even possible to alter the amounts of protein etc you can get in settings, to suit your own goals and what works for you. :)
  • Emmeez
    Emmeez Posts: 10
    Options
    :O ON protein? Yeah, that;'s not that much of a big deal at all. :O I'd actually say it's pretty gooood, especially if you're working out too. Don't sweat it so much.
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm with ajweekley. After peeking at your diary, I would be really, Really, REALLY proud to say "That's MY diary!" I think it looks like you are doing great and don't stress.
  • ultimategar
    ultimategar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Your diet is excellent! Jealous (and a little hungry ;) now. I'm always in the red on protein - you need more if you're training anyway.
  • Wandami
    Wandami Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you kindly for all of your responses. I will move forward with what I've been doing. I really want to do this right and not shoot myself in the foot. I'm happy to see the scale moving down. I don't care how fast it moves as long as it keeps going in the right direction...=0)