P90X: Yes or No?

Options
13»

Replies

• Hotlips69
    Options
    seriously I think some people come to the posts just to get something started, answer the damn question and move on.........everyone has an opinion even its right or wrong. stop looking for fights!!!

I can't understand why anyone would discourage another from physical activity! To me you could have said, I don't agree with P90X as I have tried it and don't really care for it! How can one have an opinion on something they have never tried? There are many people on theses sites with many opinions. But I think a positive mind will only encourage others. Maybe you have a program that you like or have used that has worked for you as I see you have done well losing weight so maybe you could suggest something that has worked for you! As all positive input is important instead of getting upset stop and remember we are all here for the same reason and we should all be rooting for each other, as we head to the finish line achieveing all our goals!!
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    seriously I think some people come to the posts just to get something started, answer the damn question and move on.........everyone has an opinion even its right or wrong. stop looking for fights!!!

I can't understand why anyone would discourage another from physical activity! To me you could have said, I don't agree with P90X as I have tried it and don't really care for it! How can one have an opinion on something they have never tried? There are many people on theses sites with many opinions. But I think a positive mind will only encourage others. Maybe you have a program that you like or have used that has worked for you as I see you have done well losing weight so maybe you could suggest something that has worked for you! As all positive input is important instead of getting upset stop and remember we are all here for the same reason and we should all be rooting for each other, as we head to the finish line achieveing all our goals!!

Amen!!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options

Not trying to start a fight, i just dont understand why you are so against P90X!!! It works for alot of people, just because you dont use it doesnt mean it doesnt work!!! I see you do "30 Day Shred" ..... ive never done that workout, therefore i would never go on a forum and tell someone not to try it especially since i havent!!! Your the one being childish here giving me a ":tongue: to you too!!" I just dont think you should give advice on something you never tried! Find a forum talking about "30 Day Shred" and show your amazing results and maybe you will inspire someone to give it a try!!! But please stop bashing p90x!!!
  • sierramist13
    sierramist13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    yes! i weigh 235ish currently and started p90x.. i bought it about a year ago looked it over but never did it. i just recently bought it again after seeing so many positive results. I have a multitude of exercise dvds that i've done once or twice then put on the shelf to collect dust. i actually look forward to doing p90x everyday. the dvds, unlike a lot of others, are timed, do as many as you can in the alotted time.. i should also state that i enjoy lifting weights and doing kickboxing type workouts, that could be why i enjoy the program.. i also do them with my sister, so we motivate each other. if you can't do everything and need to take it slow in the beginner, that's ok. work up to the full workout, do your best and forget the rest!
    i'd also like to add, i like this program because though you work your entire body, it's not all at once everyday like some programs such as 30 day shred, which i tried but couldn't move the next day, i hurt so bad. which makes it really hard to continue to push play..
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

Not trying to start a fight, i just dont understand why you are so against P90X!!! It works for alot of people, just because you dont use it doesnt mean it doesnt work!!! I see you do "30 Day Shred" ..... ive never done that workout, therefore i would never go on a forum and tell someone not to try it especially since i havent!!! Your the one being childish here giving me a ":tongue: to you too!!" I just dont think you should give advice on something you never tried! Find a forum talking about "30 Day Shred" and show your amazing results and maybe you will inspire someone to give it a try!!! But please stop bashing p90x!!!
    :tongue: :tongue:
  • shreddingit
    Options

:tongue:
  • shreddingit
    Options
    I dislike the company that makes it and the guy in it. a friend of mine gave me the program a while ago and I wasn't impressed neither with program or the" knowledge"of fruit cake horton. BRING IT!! Come on seriously
    amen
  • chellis76
    chellis76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I use this program and do love it! great workouts!! I do have a herniated disc in my neck which did not come from this workout but just becareful with any workout not to injurn yourself! Good luck!
  • GiGi76
    Options

:tongue: :tongue:

OMG, grow up!!!! Im done with this topic!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

Ditto.
  • thebigwindmill
    thebigwindmill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 275 lbs and 24 years old. I'm currently on day 6 and am loving the program. The only problem I have is with yoga. It's pretty hard to get in those positions with so much fat in the way. I already have some progress; my waist and hips have shrunk a little (I think it was an inch). I did work out with a personal trainer for 21 months one day a week prior to this. I feel that that only helped with my strength, I'm able to get through those without too much issue. The cardio days are harder, but I can still do them and, for my size, fairly well.

I'm doing this with my sister who is 5'4" and 190 lbs and 27 years old. She didn't have a trainer before hand and is keeping up as well as I am, just a little less in the strength. I haven't measured her yet, but she does seem to be enjoying the workouts.

And yes, we are definitely sore, but it's not unbearable. It's also getting a lot less with time. So, if you have the money for the program AND equipment, definitely go for it.
  • hotmooglelove
    Options
    I've never used P90X personally, so I can't give a recommendation, but the commercials are a grotesque display of terrible aesthetics and poor health being paraded around as if it is something we should be envious of. Im not bashing it (I haven't tried it) but I am bashing the adds. In fact I was actually going to buy P90X on the recommendation of a friend, but after seeing those TV spots I picked up EA Sports Active 2 instead, which I have been quite happy with.

I hear it's a descent program, so hopefully they will tone it down a bit in the future =)
  • formytwins
    Options
    It is very tough at first but I like it. You might want to try it and see. If you dont like it then try and sell it??? It does not hurt to try:)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    It is very tough at first but I like it. You might want to try it and see. If you dont like it then try and sell it??? It does not hurt to try:)

It has a 90 day money back guarantee.
  • llb1189
    llb1189 Posts: 1
    Options
    yes. its great im 30 days in.. it is a little hard but you can take it at your own pace and work up to it. It is definatly worth it and will teach you how youw you are supposed to workout your body the right way.:happy: