making myself accontible Day 2

Options
I told myself I wasnt going to stop posting my food each day until I had it all under control, although I dont think I ever will have it under control 100% But i can make it a lot better!:bigsmile:
I tryed so hard today and here it is.

BF- 1 cup all bran rasian cereal, with 1 cup 1% milk, 1/2 oatmeal cookie
lunch- 1 cup beef stew with vegies (home made) and a whole wheat bun
snack- 2 whole wheat crackers
dinner - 2 cups rice and chicken also with vegies (home made)
snack- heres were i mesed up again 2 med cinnamine rolls (home made) made only with alive oil, but still high in cals because of the sugar, and 1/2 with wheat flour and all purpose white.

This is really embarasing, im just going to keep embarising myself, it sure makes me think twise befor eating somthing, that ice cream was calling my name all day:explode:
Oh well better luck tomorrow, and no ice cream today, Yay:love:

Today I cleand uot my fridge, fineshed the loundry, baked cinnimine rolls, jumped on the trampiline for 25 min, caned leftover chicken and rice for a healthy meal anytime,
went for a 60 min walk pushing a stroller.

Mary:noway:

Replies

• Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    I told myself I wasnt going to stop posting my food each day until I had it all under control, although I dont think I ever will have it under control 100% But i can make it a lot better!:bigsmile:
    I tryed so hard today and here it is.

BF- 1 cup all bran rasian cereal, with 1 cup 1% milk, 1/2 oatmeal cookie
    lunch- 1 cup beef stew with vegies (home made) and a whole wheat bun
    snack- 2 whole wheat crackers
    dinner - 2 cups rice and chicken also with vegies (home made)
    snack- heres were i mesed up again 2 med cinnamine rolls (home made) made only with alive oil, but still high in cals because of the sugar, and 1/2 with wheat flour and all purpose white.

This is really embarasing, im just going to keep embarising myself, it sure makes me think twise befor eating somthing, that ice cream was calling my name all day:explode:
    Oh well better luck tomorrow, and no ice cream today, Yay:love:

Today I cleand uot my fridge, fineshed the loundry, baked cinnimine rolls, jumped on the trampiline for 25 min, caned leftover chicken and rice for a healthy meal anytime,
    went for a 60 min walk pushing a stroller.

Mary:noway:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Don't get down on yourself. This is the reason why you are on this site. Just keep on posting. After a while you will think twice about eating the fatting food. Believe me. I have a goal and I want everyone to see it. Just know that someone will chime in on your posting, and give you all the support you need.

Eat a salad, drink water. Find a fruit that you really like. Keep telling yourself you have to post what you eat. It will work.

It would work for me. :laugh: :laugh:

YOU ARE WALKING THAT'S GREAT

Take care I am counting on you!

Kathy
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Rome wasn't built in a day! Good for you for walking and jumping and keeping your foods in control during the day! YEY FOR YOU!
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Good idea on posting your info to keep yourself accountable. One step at a time. Good job!

Can I make one suggestion? I see that you made cinnamon rolls today and then had trouble with eating 2. I know I do my best to keep foods out of the house that I know will tempt me. It may be a good idea to keep that stuff away if at all possible. If it's not there, you can't eat it. I know sometimes if you are married or have kids you have things in the house for them, then that's where that will power comes in, which I lack!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good idea on posting your info to keep yourself accountable. One step at a time. Good job!

Can I make one suggestion? I see that you made cinnamon rolls today and then had trouble with eating 2. I know I do my best to keep foods out of the house that I know will tempt me. It may be a good idea to keep that stuff away if at all possible. If it's not there, you can't eat it. I know sometimes if you are married or have kids you have things in the house for them, then that's where that will power comes in, which I lack!

I second that!!!!
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options

Good post. I concur with the aforementioned and will only add my experience in this matter. I definitely kept food out and never carried my wallet except my drivers license. My sugar cravings were a bit difficult to deal with but all varieties of fruit make eclectic and delicious exceptions.

No one here can judge you and I'm sure doesn't intend to. Who doesn't need some friendly accountability via MFP? You're setting the trend! Don't give up. Good food comes and goes but diabetes is forever. Looking forward to your next post.
  • Mary24
    Options

I know I shouldent have made the cinnamon rolls, but my husband and kids nag at me all the time to make cookies or rolls, Im trying really hard to give my moms recipes a makover and make them at least a little bit healthyer, its realy hard when you've grown up on greasy foods.
    I try realy hard keeping unhealthy stuff out, I aways think if I made it myself I know whats in it,
    Oh an as you can see my will power is'nt helping me much.

Thank you all so much for the suport:flowerforyou:

Mary
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    MUCH BETTER!! See some veggies snuck in there! (I also spied the cookie and cinn. buns... :wink: )

Okay, so I am going to second the notion that maybe you should not make the rolls if they are too tempting, not sure there is a way to lighten those up really. The kids can have different snacks too, they learn their eating habits from you and you want them to be able to grow up without the "need" of sweets - mom guilt trip I know.

Suggestion Throw the ice cream away, repeat - throw away!! that way if you want ice cream you HAVE to go to the store, buy a SCOOP, not a half gallon or other size and then go home. No more, no less. Then you have to make the effort, the cost investment, and the time..etc you get my drift.

Also - 2 c of rice is a lot of a starch, was it brown rice?? Bump up veggies lower starch.. Also, how about string cheese and an apple (or other fruit if you prefer) instead of wheat crackers.. why not right, since I am being mean.. sorry... just some thoughts to help you with variety! Again, I can't wait to see tomorrows!! Good LUCK -- YOU CAN DO THIS! AWESOME job on incorp exercise BTW!!
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    My husband was always bugging me to make cookies and buy junk, etc. I just will NOT do it. My six-year old daughter likes to have something once in a while, but in general, she snacks on bananas, apples, carrots, cherries, popsicles......things of that nature.

I have told my husband, when he wants something sweet, he can go out and get it. If you do the shopping and the cooking, then you are pretty much in control of what is in your house. And your entire family will benefit in the longrun!

My daughter is NOT a huge junk food eater and I am pretty sure it's because I don't keep that stuff around the house. The only 'chocolate' we usually have is a jar of nutella, which I can usually avoid.

Great job on your day......keep it up!
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    congrats on not having the ice cream!

look forward to seeing how you do tomorrow

good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Mary24
    Options
    My husband was always bugging me to make cookies and buy junk, etc. I just will NOT do it. My six-year old daughter likes to have something once in a while, but in general, she snacks on bananas, apples, carrots, cherries, popsicles......things of that nature.

I have told my husband, when he wants something sweet, he can go out and get it. If you do the shopping and the cooking, then you are pretty much in control of what is in your house. And your entire family will benefit in the longrun!

My daughter is NOT a huge junk food eater and I am pretty sure it's because I don't keep that stuff around the house. The only 'chocolate' we usually have is a jar of nutella, which I can usually avoid.

Great job on your day......keep it up!

Thats a good idea on only going out to get one scoop of ice cream, that would mean I had to drive 30 min to the nerest place, we live in a smal town that only has a meat market, no other store
    I know I need to stok up on fruits and vegies, I have a big shoping list for friday thats our shoping day.
    Maybe I should post my shoping list on here and you can tell me what to chuck!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: