It's too salty!

Options
bbb84
bbb84 Posts: 418 Member
Ok MFP peeps I need some help. I've recently noticed this past week I have become very sensitive to salt. It's to the point where its almost overwhelming and I can't stomach things that used to taste delicious. The only thing I have changed is the amount of water I drink daily, increased from 64oz to 128oz daily (i read you should aim for half your weight in oz). Has anyone else experienced this? I noticed soda doesn't taste the same either after having just a sip yesterday after a month of none at all.

Replies

• BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a similar sensation but consider it beneficial since the only things I'm finding intolerable are pre-packaged foods. i.e JUNK!
  • darwintheboxer
    Options
    If you have been restricting sodium, then yes you will become more sensitive to it, i.e. a little salt will go a long way.
  • alisonnicole84
    Options
    I've noticed I can't tolerate greasy things or stuff high in fat (all I taste is oil). Same with soda; it just tastes like syrup. I don't eat salty foods anymore but I consider it a blessing that our taste buds adjust! Makes it easier to stay on track. :)
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I take inspiration from this and hope to some day feel the same way about some of the junk I still crave. I am starting this journey and hope to stick with it! Thank you for this post. All the great posts like this keep giving me a boost and an extra skip in my step! :)
  • nlucero
    nlucero Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start week 3 of my healthy way of living and I noticed just yesterday that things that tasted just fine to me is now way to salty. I think it may have to do with the fact that I'm eatting more veggies and no prepackaged foods. Oh and I'm drinking more water. I use to have maybe 1 glass a day and I'm at 6-8 glasses a day now.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    This is very normal and in the long run good for you :) During my last pregnancy I was placed on a limited sodium diet for my blood pressure. I cannot even drink Gatorade now, tastes like drinking salt water to me. yuck!