Ice Cream...

Options
I had a lot of calories left today...didn't eat well at work, missed my lunch. With that said, I had 700 calories left...is it bad to use 300 on ice cream??

Replies

• Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Depends....what kind of ice cream?
  • mclahey
    mclahey Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Scotsburn - Hoof Prints....yummy...
  • Heifort1
    Heifort1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you don't do it as a daily practice and thoroughly enjoy it, I say GO FOR IT! I love ice cream and had a heaping 2 scoops of chocolate rocky road at the Mall of America this weekend after a shopping extravaganza! Didn't gain an ounce. Splurge every once in a while and enjoy.
  • parrtar
    parrtar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's the worst thing in the world as long as you eat it in moderation and within your calorie limits. If you eat it every day, and a huge amount, then that's a different story! Everything in moderation ... if you always deny yourself things you love, it will just be discouraging.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of calories left today...didn't eat well at work, missed my lunch. With that said, I had 700 calories left...is it bad to use 300 on ice cream??

I just said no to ice cream. I could've done it with my carbs and calories left over but would've sent my added sugar skyrocketing over the limit. I had to say no because I'm a sugar-aholic and a 1/2 cup just isn't enough. So I'm having a glass of 2% milk and a 1/2 cup of fresh blackberries.

But please think of me when you are enjoying that yummy ice cream!
  • mclahey
    Options
    I had it...it is done...it is the first taste of ice cream in 5 weeks...I guess that would be in "moderation"...
    AND I still have 400 calories left...(But am ove rin the sugars!)
  • rayne937
    Options
    I agree that if you don't make it a daily practice it is ok, especially if you have leftover calories. For instance, I am having a "Weight Watchers - Candy Bar Ice Cream" for dessert tonight. It's very similar to a Snickers Ice cream bar, but only 150 calories. After, I will have 10 cals left for the day and I am perfectly happy with that!
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I had it...it is done...it is the first taste of ice cream in 5 weeks...I guess that would be in "moderation"...
    AND I still have 400 calories left...(But am ove rin the sugars!)

Good for you! What flavor did you have?
  • mclahey
    Options
    That makes me feel better...THANKS!:happy:
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Try Wal-Mart Brand Fat Free No Sugar Added Vanilla Flavored Ice Cream. 1/2 cup has 70calories, 0 fat, less than 5mg cholestarol, 60 mg sodium, 150 mg Potassium, 18 g carbs, 5g dietary fiberm 5g sugar, 4 g protien. 4% vitamin A, 10 % Calcium, 0 Vitamin C & 0 iron.
  • MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I actually eat ice cream almost every night!

I make sure I have the calories left for it, and I do eat a lighter ice cream than my husband. But if I've got the calories allowed for it and I did my exercise today, why the hell can't I have some ice cream? Isn't that the point of the MFP theology, that I can eat what I want as long as I stick to my calories? Ice cream makes me happy, and I've found a way to work it into my life.

Hurrah for ice cream!
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I have a hoodsie almost every night, they're only 100 calories :bigsmile:
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yummm! I agree that as long as you are within calories and don"t make it a daily routine, then you are fine. Enjoy : ) And let us know what flavor you decided on.
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I had some ice cream tonight myself. Love my ice cream! Since I started watching what I'm eating and losing weight, I still eat ice cream - just not as often, and no longer in the big bowls I used to fix. I'll still eat 2 servings (1 cup), but only when it fits within my goals, and that is a fraction of what I used to eat, so it works for me. You have to treat yourself sometimes - just don't go overboard.
  • mclahey
    Options
    I will definately look into the Walmart brand mentioned!

But I treated myself to Scots Burn - Hoof Prints...it was sooooo goood...