You know you're a running mom when...

Options

...the best way you can think of giving your kids a timeout is to go for a run, even if it means pushing them in the jogging stroller.

...you need a vacation, so you plan a race.

...you plan other life events around your running schedule.

...you set your alarm for as early as 4:00 am to go for a run even if you went to bed at 2:00 am, because sleep is expendable, running is not.

...if you haven't run yet today, you've been obsessing about it all day, and if you have run, you've been obsessing all day about how your run went and how you can have a better run next time. You might even go out for a second run this evening because you need a do-over.

...when you get grumpy, your husband or co-workers say, "You need a run, don't you?"

...your kids know mommy is a runner, they automatically cheer for all the runners, and if they can walk yet, they've probably already done a couple races of their own.

Replies

• AlynnP1005
    Options
    OMG this is so true!!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    too cute!!
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It is me.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah! I totally plan vacations to visit family if there is a race nearby. :bigsmile: Or else if we travel somewhere, I always check the area for running routes. :laugh: And I ALWAYS pack the running shoes and gear.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

...the best way you can think of giving your kids a timeout is to go for a run, even if it means pushing them in the jogging stroller.

...you need a vacation, so you plan a race.

...you plan other life events around your running schedule.

...you set your alarm for as early as 4:00 am to go for a run even if you went to bed at 2:00 am, because sleep is expendable, running is not.

...if you haven't run yet today, you've been obsessing about it all day, and if you have run, you've been obsessing all day about how your run went and how you can have a better run next time. You might even go out for a second run this evening because you need a do-over.

...when you get grumpy, your husband or co-workers say, "You need a run, don't you?"

...your kids know mommy is a runner, they automatically cheer for all the runners, and if they can walk yet, they've probably already done a couple races of their own.

My wife could have posted this. I'm a Dad, and i would like to add, You know you are a runner when you stop running to lose weight, and start losing weight to run faster.
  • Sarah101010
    Options
    *Love it*