The biggest loser: love it or hate it??

Options
Hey everyone! So what's your take on biggest loser? Is it your motivation or do u think it's inhumane?
Which person or people are you rooting for? Which team do u dislike most and why?

Replies

• jacque1109
    Options
    HMMMM, not sure--- it's horrible but- I feel so much better about myself after watching!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I hate it because of the imprecision they use to calculate who wins.
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't watch the show, but I have the Biggest Loser for Wii and I LOVE it!
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of on the fence- my fave person is Courtney of the blue team- how cute is she! Can't stand the yellow team they act like such know it alls and I feel bad for the red team for pulling such great weight loss and the yellow team attacked them!! If you notice the yellow team had actually lost the lowest percentage and they were immune
  • lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I love it!!!
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I love the show, but hate the game play aspect. I hated last seasons winner cause he stabbed someone in the back. And that person came back with a much higher % lost, they should have one it all. I love that it tell everyone that its possible to lose the weight without surgery. I know they're regime is not realistic, but it is within the realm of the possible.
  • KaylatheChristian
    Options
    I love it! It's one of the best motivators of my week! I keep telling myself if the people that weigh that much can do it, so can I!
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    I love, love it! It is motivating for me. They give everything they have each week to be healthier. It is a great show! My favorites are of course, light Blue team and Green team. I kind of feel bad for the unknowns because we haven't gotten to know them as much as Bob and Jillians team. Anyway, BIG FAN!!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love it!!!

Me too!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Love the show and I have watched it from the begining!! I am not crazy about any one contestant but I know that Red team should still be on!! It is a a great motivator for me!!
  • kimw328
    Options
    I love it, but hate the game playing and backstabbing. I'm participating in a "Biggest Loser" competition at work. 4 weeks in,
    and so far so good. There are prizes associated with the three biggest losers, but I'm really only doing this to help me meet my personal goal.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I watch it every week! I love to see the weight losses every week! It's on the day before my weigh in so it's a great motivator!
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I love the show! It is a great motivating show, but the reality is they work out alot!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I really look forward to it, it keeps me motivated. I hope they all succeed and we do too!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I Like the show as a SHOW..its entertainment that does change some people's lives...i DID like Arthur until this evening! OMG....I think I am going to root for Brittney or Moses...

But it also keeps me motivated...if anything, it gives people hope. It's real..people really do lose weight (even if it's in large amounts at one time..blah blah...) People do drop pounds..and prove that anyone can do it...
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Hate it--but mostly because I hate all "reality tv."

I don't like the manipulative aspect, and I thin it speaks very poorly of us as a society that we feed on that kind of stuff greedily and with no shame--like the Romans watched slaves-cum-gladiators or Christians being thrown to the lions.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I Like the show as a SHOW..its entertainment that does change some people's lives...i DID like Arthur until this evening! OMG....I think I am going to root for Brittney or Moses...

But it also keeps me motivated...if anything, it gives people hope. It's real..people really do lose weight (even if it's in large amounts at one time..blah blah...) People do drop pounds..and prove that anyone can do it...
    I completely agree! Arthur upset me tonight! I hope the pink team comes ahead!!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    not motivating in anyway

but good reality tv show. that's all it is.

people who think they are healthy should really think again.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options

many of them don't keep all the weight off. some gain it all back. some gain half back. majority gain a good 20 to 30 pounds once the show is over. you can tell from seeing them on the finale and then seeing them next season during the marathon episode
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    LOVE it!!!! What Arthur did tonight just made me dislike him even more. His dad is alright though.