1,390 calories OVER?!?!?!

walnut
walnut Posts: 216 Member
:cry: :cry: :cry:
Homemade rhubarb pie. Sounds healthy, what with all the vegetation in its name. Who knew it has 616 calories per slice?? And before I figured this out, I wound up eating 2.5 pieces of it. I suppose it just takes that much sugar in order to get rhubarb to taste good.
:sad:
Sadly, this isn't really an occasional splurge, since I have been splurging far too often these days.

Oh, but it was soooo good though...:bigsmile: *swoons*

Thanks for letting me repent. :)

Replies

• walnut
    :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Homemade rhubarb pie. Sounds healthy, what with all the vegetation in its name. Who knew it has 616 calories per slice?? And before I figured this out, I wound up eating 2.5 pieces of it. I suppose it just takes that much sugar in order to get rhubarb to taste good.
    :sad:
    Sadly, this isn't really an occasional splurge, since I have been splurging far too often these days.

Oh, but it was soooo good though...:bigsmile: *swoons*

Thanks for letting me repent. :)
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Forgiven...

And man...that DOES sound good!!!

:glasses:
  • sitarami
    sitarami Posts: 68 Member
    616 calories/slice...wow!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Hey, I'm referring you to Neurogirl...She has extra calories she might share! :flowerforyou:
  • walnut
    616 calories/slice...wow!

I know, I couldn't believe it either!! I kept checking to make sure I'd entered the ingredients right. I had the recipe before I decided I was going to eat some, but didn't find out my boyfriend had more than doubled the recipe for the filling part until I'd eaten two and a half pieces. :grumble:
  • walnut
    Hey, I'm referring you to Neurogirl...She has extra calories she might share! :flowerforyou:

Haha, yeah, I'll gladly share some of those calories with her!
  • aaubrey
    aaubrey Posts: 168 Member
    I suddenly feel better about my 750 over. There was a cupcake incident :devil: But I lost weight going over a couple of times last week. I just have to do an extra lap tomorrow:). I am trying not to be too hard on myself. Get back on the horse tomorrow. You shouldnt be that hard on yourself either. Remember it took mor than a couple of pieces of pie to get you fat. One day wont kill you just recommit!
  • walnut
    I suddenly feel better about my 750 over. There was a cupcake incident :devil: But I lost weight going over a couple of times last week. I just have to do an extra lap tomorrow:). I am trying not to be too hard on myself. Get back on the horse tomorrow. You shouldnt be that hard on yourself either. Remember it took mor than a couple of pieces of pie to get you fat. One day wont kill you just recommit!

Thanks for the reassurance! :flowerforyou:
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    I heard about your dilemma and by all means, I'm kidnapping a slice but I'm in Virginia so not sure how realistic that is...
  • walnut
    I heard about your dilemma and by all means, I'm kidnapping a slice but I'm in Virginia so not sure how realistic that is...

I'd gladly send you the rest just to get it out of the house, but I wouldn't trust myself alone with it on the way to the post office...
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    I LOVE rhubarb, unfortunately it takes a load of sugar to make it palatable (sp?), hence the many calories...... Start over tomorrow!
  • racoon1
    racoon1 Posts: 78
    try using splenda the next time you make pie. still tastes awesome and you won't feel so guilty having the 2nd piece.