Salmon Jerky?

Options
Anyone ever eat Salmon Jerky? Is it any good? I saw it in a book and had to do a double take.

Replies

• apehead1
    apehead1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    No but I'd like to know more about it, and a receipie
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    The only bad thing about most jerky is sodium. If you make it yourself you can control it but it doesn't preserve nearly as well. Sodium is a preservative, a good one, unfortunately there are very negative consequences.

When it comes to seafood, especially salmon, best to eat it non jerkified for the benefits of the healthy fats.
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    I had it while traveling in Alaska and it was AMAZING. this was a few years back so have no idea of nutritional info, but it was yummy!!
  • Phoenyxtears
    Options
    I had it while traveling in Alaska and it was AMAZING. this was a few years back so have no idea of nutritional info, but it was yummy!!

My parents had it on their cruise in Alaska lol!!!! My dad loved it, but my mom hated it. She doesn't like seafood that isn't deep-fried though.
  • photomoxie
    Options
    They used to sell this at Trader Joes and as a "Fishetarian" I LOVED it because it provided me with a low fat protein that I could just bring with me - it wasn't messy or in need of refrigeration. Sadly, I think they discontinued it. Boo.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I had fresh made salmon jerky when I was kid whenever we'd make the trip to Oregon via the California coast instead of up the 5. They sold it in little towns all around the northern California/Oregon border and it was amazing. Still the absolute best jerky I've wet had and nothing I've tried since (including a few commercial salmon versions) even come close.
  • Skoshi
    Options
    I absolutely love it but it is hard to find where I live.