Boxing

TerryJStroud
TerryJStroud Posts: 17 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Anybody here into boxing? I'm really considering getting into it for the fun, challenge, discipline, and especially to get fit. Anybody have an experience?

Replies

• i started about a year ago, have lost 25 lbs and gained muscle tone. love it
  • digit78
    digit78 Posts: 177
    I got into it about 15 months ago as part of keeping fit in my soccer offseason (had done it in bits and pieces prior to this though).

Now, I cant get enough of it, in fact Im considering quitting soccer this year so I can concentrate on my boxing training.

At first, I was pretty cocky and was eager to have a fight, but over time I learned to respect the sport and am very humble. Technically there is so much to learn, every defence is an attack and every attack is a defence coupled with the efficient movement of the body.

I still have the idea of a fight in the back of my mind as its a great motivator to keep focused................ nothing more motivating than the idea of someone knocking you out if your not fit and fast enough!

For me, the range of benefits go beyond the obvious:

- Cardio
    - Stamina
    - Strength
    - Explosive Power
    - Hand & Eye coordination
    - Reflexes
    - Mental Strength & Determination
    - Stress management
    - Speed
    - A new technical skill and challenge (Ive been playing football that long its easy........ boxing is unchartered ground for me in terms of learning technique)!

Find yourself a good club and go for it.............. with the right environment you wont look back.
This discussion has been closed.