Insanity

Options
What shoes should I be wearing for Insanity??? Right now I am wearing running shoes, but starting to think that my ankle trouble could be caused by my shoes. Should I be wearing a cross-trainer? If so, any suggestions welcome.

Replies

• Dhathri
    Dhathri Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am also interested in group's input.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    What shoes should I be wearing for Insanity??? Right now I am wearing running shoes, but starting to think that my ankle trouble could be caused by my shoes. Should I be wearing a cross-trainer? If so, any suggestions welcome.

I love my Reebok Zig Techs
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I would like to know this as well. Thanks.
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner that's out for another week or two due to an injury so I started Insanity last Monday. I wear my running shoes but am debating whether to continue with the program while I'm recovering. It seems as though the workouts are aggrevating my injury and I also was wondering if it has to do with my running shoes. I've thought about trying it without any shoes on just to see of there's less aggrevation. It will be interesting to see the responses.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I am also interested in group's input.
    Wrap your ankles or find shoes with better ankle support and support for your feet in general(arches, flat footed issues, etc) All things a podiatrist can solve in one visit for you. You also have to be aware of high impact issues, especially with plyometrics. Sometimes it's a matter of dialing down intensity and concentrating on form. The surface you do the routines on plays a role too.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    whoops double post